“Problem Free”

Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at this property for one night while in town visiting UW-Lacrosse. When we first saw it from the highway (I90 runs right past it), we thought "oh no". The outside appears very run down and Heroes, the adjoining restaurant, looked deserted. However, when we walked in, the interior was much better and the staff was welcoming. For what we paid, we were quite happy with our one-night stay there. The towels were worn, the walls were thin, overall the property could use some updating. The nightstand in our room was sticky as if a soda had been spilled and never cleaned so that was a little bothersome. Our room faced the highway and we had very little traffic noise, but noise from the hallways was noticeable. Pool was nice but workout room left much to be desired. If you are parking at one of the side entrances, I would use caution. They are remote and not well-lit at all. If I had been traveling alone, I would not have parked there even though it was much closer to our room. The breakfast in the morning was adequate - nothing fancy, but it was nice that it was served in the restaurant versus the typical small, cramped areas that many hotels have. Internet service was weak (what do you want for free, right?) and TV stations did not have very good reception.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
David_Cassell, General Manager at Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your review.
I am glad your overall visit met you expectations. You are correct when you said our hotel needs some updating so I would like to share what we are doing in upcoming months as our hotel is currently undergoing a series of improvements. I am working closely with my new Executive Housekeeper to improve our cleaning and services. We are replacing all of our towels in April and have started replacing furniture and carpeting. All of our TV’s are being replaced with the newest technology LED HD sets in the next two months which will improve reception. And I am very excited to announce that the installers are arriving April 22, to install our new High Speed Internet Access internet which will still be free but give a much stronger wireless signal.
I hope if your travels bring you back you will stop in and see all of our improvements.
Schofield
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The staff - as usual - is very friendly and helpful. However, I was not happy with the housekeeping service this time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry there was a problem with your housekeeping services. If you like to contact me directly I would love to hear what your concerns were so that I can address them.

Thank you and safe travels!
Richmond, Illinois
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had to make an overnight stop mid-trip home, so arrived late. Staff quickly found a room for 3 adults and queen beds at a very reasonable rate. Staff friendly and helpful. Room relatively clean; bed and pillows comfy.
We had not eaten and were surprised to find the attached bar and grill. Fun atmosphere, the best appetizers and super mac n' cheese!
Will definitely return should the occasion arise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane H
Thanks Diane for your comments.

I am glad you had such a great experience at our Days Inn La Crosse. It is nice to have Heroes Bar & Grill as part of our hotel. I am proud that we are able to honor our local heroes while providing great food and beverages.

I love the Mac n Cheese also. The seafood Mac is my favorite.

Have a Great Day!
Hubertus, WI
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Worked perfect for what our volleyball team needed. Clean rooms, close to college and priced right.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I am glad we were able to have your team stay with us. Perhaps we will see you again next year.