“Excellent Dog/Human Stay”

Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Good service until you try to get your money back. After checking my bank account a few days after my stay, I was charged $100 extra per room of my team as well as tax (We had four rooms). We had our stay scheduled for a few months and when I checked in, they couldn't find rooms for us (I had a confirmation number and paperwork and emails in hand). It took about twenty minutes to have it all figured out and then we were scattered across the hotel. Someone even took the time to call me to assure our stay was all reserved few days ahead of our arrival. After multiple calls and new receipts sent over, I still am being charged tax (we are tax exempt as it was a dance team staying) as well as only one room being reimbursed which was my personal stay the second night. I even called corporate and "there was nothing they can do." I still am waiting on a couple hundred dollars and no one there has fixed it. They've tried, but after four or five times, nothing has shown back in my account for the team rooms. They fixed my personal extra night, but nothing for my team's stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
David_Cassell, General Manager at Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I am so sorry the the billing took so long to correct. Thank you for your patience as we worked through this problem. I am happy that we were able to resolve this matter to your satisfaction.
Wisconsin
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This hotel has potential in that the staff was very service oriented and friendly. However, the hotel infrastructure badly needs updating. Our room was less than clean, and had a punch hole in the drywall. Towels were thread bare and scratchy. I do have to say that they did have comfortable beds. Although the rooms and dining area were at adequate temperature, hallways were so cold, that a jacket was needed to go outside the room. The hotel was a good value and the breakfast was ok. Probably would not choose to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mommydanc
David_Cassell, General Manager at Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I value these as it gives me a fresh perspective to issues experienced by our guest. Since you stayed we have been able to fix some of the things you told us about. We have bought and installed door sweeps on the doors that were letting the cold air into the hallways. Also we just changed leadership in our Housekeeping department and have new a new training program in place. There are many more initiatives taking place at the Days Inn to improve our facilities and hope you will give us another try when traveling in the La Crosse area.
Marathon, WI
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We as well checked in last Friday, January 25th, no hot water Saturday morning. Dirty looking fixtures, 1/2 the light bulbs in the room were burned out, and the room was very warm when we checked in. The breakfast was ok, same thing both mornings, french toast sticks, biscuits and gravy, cereal, and toast. A little more variety would be more appealing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott B

Travelers are raving about these La Crosse hotels

MARATHON
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I checked in on Friday. Saturday morning there was no hot water by 7 am. It was cold. The fan in the bathroom didn't work. The fan timer wouldn't shut off by itself as timers do. The vent in bathroom was very dirty, looked to me like black mold. When I turned the faucet on, brown water came out. I ran the water for a while to get clear water.
The room was very warm when we checked in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family