“More than a disappointment”

Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Caitlyn C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was offered a stay at Days Inn by Delta Airlines because my flight had been cancelled (on 10-2-2012). The gal at the front desk was very compasionate and helpful, pleasantly answering any of my questions. The restaurant/bar staff were very pleasant and personable, which made my unfortunate lay-over a much better experience!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased that you found our staff to be pleasant and helpful in a situation that could have been very stressful for you. We hope to see you again in the future if your travels bring you back to the La Crosse area.

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I have to admit I was a little apprehensive considering I had never been to La Crosse, but I was pleasantly surprised. Although older, it was very clean and well maintained. Our suite was very comfortable. The staff were more than accommodating. I have to admit I am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012
Caitlyn C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found the suite to be comfortable and well maintained. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the La Crosse area.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was in town for my nephews wedding which was held at the hotel. I requested a room on the main floor and they had me right next to the front desk and the pool entrance. I was concerned it may be noisy, but it was not. The room was newly refinished, clean and had everything I needed. The wedding was held in the courtyard, the hotel staff did all the decorating and it was beautiful. The food was good, the staff as was great. I only had coffee in the am as I was meeting family for brunch, but breakfast looked good. And as the breakfast is setup in the attached "bar and grill" there was plenty of room and seating.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Caitlyn C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for your response. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your nephew's wedding was perfect. We look forward to seeing you again if your travels ever bring you back to the area.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Our recent stay was, shall I say ok...close for family to stay, and had a family dinner there...we were there from Aug 8 - 15...got real tired of the walk to the room so would make plans for the day and be sure to bring whatever we thought we would need...
Did not like needing to change my key card 3 times, need to update the magnetic issues...as was not the only one that had this issue. Updated wi-fi would be good also, only place you could use, cell, ipad whatever was in the lobby or bar....and I know the continental breakfast was free, but come on serve something different maybe every other day, like scrambled eggs, not everyone wants biscuits and gravy every day, not even one for me...just a suggestion...so the next time we come we will be trying another hotel...

Room Tip: first floor near lobby, maybe...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Caitlyn C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for your response. I am sorry to hear that you had issues with your key cards and the wireless internet during your stay. We would love a second opportunity to serve you as our guest, and we would be more than happy to provide you with a first floor room near the lobby. Thank you again!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Nothing special nor nothing really negative to say. We've stayed in three hotels in town, and so far, they have all been very similar. The food in the restaraunt was decent but the room could use some "atmosphere".

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2012

FOR SHAME.
Room: basic, clean, a long long way from the front desk; this is not a problem except:
No luggage carts anywhere near room entrance. Getting a cart requires
walking 1/2 mile through property and three locked doorways to the front desk,and then back wih the cart. I called the GM to report, went to voicemail at 2 PM, call not returned.

Internet: wireless does not work. Requires a password that must be remembered (or carried) if you should decide to try using the lobby signal. Room signal so weak as to be completely ineffective. Absolutely nothing is wrong with my computer, which works perfectly everywhere else. FD support unhelpful. Morning of departure at 730 am it is working enough to write this review. Wyndham and Priceline take note: Hotels that can't deliver what is advertised should not advertise it. A really bad sign: that the system is functional on day of departure tells me it could have been restored when it was needed. Likely FD staff didn't know how to do it.

To work for two hours the afternoon I arrived, I had to drive 4 miles to a Starbucks.

Room Tip: Unless you want to walk a marathon or have no luggage, ask for a room near the front desk. You migh...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo