$118
Free cancellation until 07/26
$129
Econo Lodge(La Crosse)
$53
Country Inn & Suites(La Crosse)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/27
$87
Welch Motel(La Crosse)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/21
$70
Free cancellation until 07/21
$75
$65
All reviewsfrench islandindoor poolbar and restaurantdesk clerkpleasant staywould stay againbeds were comfortablestaff was very friendlyheroeswisconsin
Reviewed July 27, 2012

My spouse and I are traveling from Virginia to California, and this was our first stop after visiting family in Ohio for several days. Our stay, thus, was merely to stop and sleep after a solid 10 hour day of driving, and the Days Hotel (it's a Days Inn, but "Days Hotel" is the name on the sign) was convenient for our purposes.

The room was clean, though plain (we had a non-smoking room with a single queen bed). The staff member we spoke with was friendly and amused with my unwarranted obsession with Culvers (a Midwestern fast food chain); she recommended a number of nice-looking establishments in downtown La Crosse (yes, we ended up having Culvers). The bed was superb, with just the right combination of firmness and softness.

The indoor pool was... fine. Pluses: it was warm, indoor, and... there. Minuses: guests aren't supposed to have pets there, though several did. The pool towels (and the room towels, for that matter) are too tiny and scratchy for our tastes, the room was somewhat dark. The exercise room is attached to the indoor pool; it is dark, small, and sad; not recommended.

The continental breakfast in the morning was minimal but adequate.

My overall impression is that the Days Hotel is a fine place to stop. It is not a fine establishment, as it were, but is acceptable. Interactions with staff and the bed itself were very good; the rest is merely so-so at best. There are certainly worse things to say about a hotel, no?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We only needed a place to spend the night before continuing our journey east, and this hotel was a good choice for that purpose. Nothing fancy, but good enough for what we needed.

The room had a few small issues like the bathroom door not closing properly and the bottom sheets not fitting the beds very well, but it was clean. I am not a big fan of carpets in hotels, so I did not like the one we had this time, either. The hallways are long and not very inviting, but a plus for the possibility of parking near the room and using a side entrance to get in.

Breakfast was wonderful, actually better than the Hampton Inn's. Real plates and cutlery, very fresh juices, etc. It was served in the hotel's bar/restaurant, which, by the way, served us very good meals the previous evening. We were expecting bar food, but what we got was something much nicer. There was even a well thought-out vegetarian option on the menu. There isn't much (like restaurants) in the immediate vicinity, so it's great that they have this restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank zquirrel
David_Cassell, General Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham la Crosse Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you for your comments. We are proud of our restaurant, Heroes Bar and Grill. We have a plan for improving our Guest Rooms and started the renovation.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

I've read the positive reviews and had to check a couple of times that it was the same hotel I stayed in. Maybe I was just in a bad room, or a bad wing, but my room was grimy, the decor was possibly more than a decade old, the carpet was stained and part of the wallpaper was peeling off. The hall/wing I was in had big stains in the hallway carpet, in the ice machine area an open water pipe just drained into a drainage pipe in the floor and smelled awful...the whole place smelled musty. Would not even think of staying there again...the lobby though was nice and matched the photo...but again, my experience doesn't seem to match the others, but I would not recommend this place to friends.

Room Tip: The gas station/grocery store right next door has a GREAT deli with very good made to order lunches.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dlb264
Caitlyn C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham la Crosse Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for your response. I am so sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations, and that you found your guest room to be "grimy." I appreciate this feedback, and would appreciate further details if you would like to contact me directly. Our hotel is currently undergoing renovations, and we would love if you returned during future visits to La Crosse.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

This Hotel is nice clean and comfortable The staff was very good and professional.
The breakfast however left a little bit to be desired. No microwave to make oatmeal not every one likes hot water in oatmeal some times Milk is better. also no banannas on the breakfast bar.The internet connection left a little to be desired
This was both a business trip and a friends trip.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were nice
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I came to La Crose for a quick business meeting on July 1. The hotel was easy to get to off I-90 and as I drove up to the hotel I noticed how fresh the paint looked. I thought to myself this hotel is being taken care of. When I checked in I ran into several staff members and they all spoke and greeted me. I entered the room and it looked like it had been recently renovated, (The Pictures on the web did not look as good as the real thing.) The bed looked like a bed I would see at a full service Marriott. I am a clean freak, so I looked for dirt and could not find any. As a last resort I took a clean wet wash clothe and rubbed it back and forth on the bathroom floor grout and it came up clean. Boy was I impressed. I ate Dinner that night, breakfast and lunch the next day the food was all good. I was surprised to see hot biscuits and gravy for breakfast, one of my favorites.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank David C

Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay at the Days Hotel La Crosse. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and found the room and property to exceed your expectations. We are glad that you enjoyed the biscuits and gravy at our continental breakfast, as well as the rest of the food you tried in Heroes Bar & Grill. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to the area!