“Grimy and need of a complete overhaul”

Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Buffalo, New York
“Grimy and need of a complete overhaul”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I've read the positive reviews and had to check a couple of times that it was the same hotel I stayed in. Maybe I was just in a bad room, or a bad wing, but my room was grimy, the decor was possibly more than a decade old, the carpet was stained and part of the wallpaper was peeling off. The hall/wing I was in had big stains in the hallway carpet, in the ice machine area an open water pipe just drained into a drainage pipe in the floor and smelled awful...the whole place smelled musty. Would not even think of staying there again...the lobby though was nice and matched the photo...but again, my experience doesn't seem to match the others, but I would not recommend this place to friends.

Room Tip: The gas station/grocery store right next door has a GREAT deli with very good made to order lunches.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dlb264
Caitlyn C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn La Crosse Conference Center, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for your response. I am so sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations, and that you found your guest room to be "grimy." I appreciate this feedback, and would appreciate further details if you would like to contact me directly. Our hotel is currently undergoing renovations, and we would love if you returned during future visits to La Crosse.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This Hotel is nice clean and comfortable The staff was very good and professional.
The breakfast however left a little bit to be desired. No microwave to make oatmeal not every one likes hot water in oatmeal some times Milk is better. also no banannas on the breakfast bar.The internet connection left a little to be desired
This was both a business trip and a friends trip.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were nice
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I came to La Crose for a quick business meeting on July 1. The hotel was easy to get to off I-90 and as I drove up to the hotel I noticed how fresh the paint looked. I thought to myself this hotel is being taken care of. When I checked in I ran into several staff members and they all spoke and greeted me. I entered the room and it looked like it had been recently renovated, (The Pictures on the web did not look as good as the real thing.) The bed looked like a bed I would see at a full service Marriott. I am a clean freak, so I looked for dirt and could not find any. As a last resort I took a clean wet wash clothe and rubbed it back and forth on the bathroom floor grout and it came up clean. Boy was I impressed. I ate Dinner that night, breakfast and lunch the next day the food was all good. I was surprised to see hot biscuits and gravy for breakfast, one of my favorites.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank David C
Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay at the Days Hotel La Crosse. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and found the room and property to exceed your expectations. We are glad that you enjoyed the biscuits and gravy at our continental breakfast, as well as the rest of the food you tried in Heroes Bar & Grill. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to the area!
Soldiers Grove, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Very pleasant staff. Made our stay very nice. The front office went out of their way to find information on our Wyndam Rewards. It was a nice place to have a wedding reception. Everything in one place is great. They all did a nice job.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from housekeeping. They get a little chatty.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Joan E
Bremerton
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We have traveled from Seattle to Mid West and Days Hotel and Conference center has been the best... front office staff was simply excellent, polite and professional. Room and King Bed was like new. The pool and spa was cleanest we have encountered. The fast start breakfast in the Heroes Restaurant had the best fresh baked goods as well as very good biscuits and gravy. Of all the Days Hotels and other motels, this was by far the best ever. Cannot say enough.... Location on the Mississippi River, French Island is very nice.... Also, at Exit 3 (La Crosse is one of the finest self serve car wash at 15 minutes for $5/ and really got the bugs and dirt off... Best stay of the last 8 motels. Price was more than reasonable too.

Room Tip: Rooms in middle of "C" entrance are so quiet and convenient. We had a time zone change and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Drake E
Thank you so much for your response. We are happy that you found the Days Hotel & Conference Center in La Crosse to be exactly what you were looking for during your travels. We are glad that you enjoyed the continental breakfast in Heroes Restaurant, and that your guest room was all that you expected. Thank you for your kind words about our hotel staff as well. We look forward to seeing you again!
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Clean, comfortable, and reasonable. Lobby & breakfast room are very nice. Breakfast included more than generally available in a budget motel. Room was large and bed was comfortable. Nice big indoor pool and outdoor seating area

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eGrasse
Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I can't say enough about the friendly and caring staff, they are the best! Big smiles from the front desk to the cleaning staff. If you need anything just ask and they will try to accommodate you. Clean, reasonably priced, close to I90. Gas station just down the street. Free breakfast, very good biscuits and sausage gravy when we were there. The restaurant served very good food, hubby loved the hamburgers, but the Days Hotel isn't far from other restaurants, if you want to go elsewhere. Even got help carring in my luggage! We will definitly keep coming back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lucille B
Thank you for your response. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our staff to be friendly and caring. We pride ourselves on our great service, and we value your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the area.