“I really wanted to like 4 Sisters”

4 Sisters Wine Bar and Tapas Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 204 Restaurants in La Crosse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: 4 Sisters is a family owned restaurant that has been open for 4 years. We are located in the historic downtown Lacrosse across from the Mississippi River. We have a variety of food from tapas, to entrees with a wonderful variety of wine, beer and mix drinks.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I have been here on many occasions and have never walked away really "wowed". Each time we have been there the service has been fair (we have had to wait longer to sit and to be served than most places in La Crosse). The wait staff has always been nice, never rude. As far as the food, its good but nothing special (especially for the price). I know Tapas bars are not cheap but for the price I would expect at least higher quality food. We've, for the most part, exhausted the menu so a menu that changes with the seasons would probably draw us back. The only other downside is that the seating inside is very limited which probably caused the increased delays in seating. Overall, its worth a try and we probably will return but its not one of our favorites.

1  Thank Lucas B

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Great view over Mississippi river, with great atmosphere. Interior design is homie and calm with live music. Food is light tasty and fresh.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Have been here numerous times and have had EXCELLENT food & service each & every time. I've found both the Owners & wait staff to be very friendly and personable. A unique atmosphere, extensive wine list & Tapas menu makes The Sisters the perfect place groups OR an intimate/relaxing night out. Live music most weekends is the icy on the cake. (speaking of cake . . . be sure to try 1 of their many specialty deserts;-). Lacrosse SO needed a place like this!! Keep up the good work girls.

Sherry G

2  Thank Sherry G
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a great place to gather after working all day. They have a great selection and reasonably priced wines. The service is excellent and all the dishes we tried were really good - The atmosphere is really relaxing and the view is great. If you are looking for the average chain restaurant large portion of bad food this is not the place for you. If you want creative fun tapas then be sure to check this place out.

1  Thank MaryGMi
Reviewed January 21, 2013

If the overall taste of the food wasn't so bland and unappealing I'd be more upset that the portions were so small for the menu prices. I know they are trying to come off as high-end and value doesn’t go hand in hand with high-end but this place is ridiculous. Snobby, stuffy and overpriced basically covers what I experienced. If you are dining in downtown La Crosse and are interested in lighter menu or appetizer type items on the higher end side, I’d suggest skip 4-Sisters and try the appetizers at Freight House or Piggy’s.

4  Thank RelaxasionVacation