“A rare find...”

Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in La Crosse
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Pearl Ice Crean Parlor is a rare treat these days. It's an old fashioned ice cream parlor complete with a fountian. You can even get an ice cream phosphate. All ice cream is hard scooped, with a delightful selection of flavor choices. Honesty is a must because you pay for you order in one place and then give your order to the fountian workers. Shop also has a selection of candy but didn't pay much attention.....my mission was ice cream.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've come here for a treat many times after eating out downtown. They have great ice cream and homemade waffle cones. Riverside park is right next to it so you can go for a romantic stroll while you enjoy your cone. Delicious home made chocolates too.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Great homemade ice cream, nice atmosphere, old-fashioned soda fountain, old wood, clean, outdoor seating. My husband had a chocolate MALT (not shake) to die for. Fun place!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

On a scorching hot day, what a treat to step back in time to an old fashioned ice cream parlor. It was also fun to see candy that we haven't seen for years! A trip down memory lane for us baby boomers!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I spent 2 weeks in La Crosse due to a business trip and my hotel was in Pearl Street.
I loved the huge selection of flavours and the old school atmosphere. It's like going back to the 50s.
Amazing selection of candies and sweets.

I went there every night after dinner to try to taste at least once every flavour of ice cream.
My reccomendation goes to the Licorice Wheel (I forgot the name) and the Mississippi Mudd.