“Not Impressed”

La Crosse Family Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 204 Restaurants in La Crosse
Cuisines: American
Description: Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner all day long - Home style cookin PH: 608) 519-1450‎
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Visited two times in July, not impressed either time. We asked for a table, there were 4 open on the one side, hostess said the table would take a lot longer so I'll put you in a booth. Our food the 1st visit, I asked for the eggs to be med, recieved hard and scorched. The second time I ordered them over, and please donot scorch them. I don't think they hardly hit the grill, they were like water. Cooking is very inconsistant. We had gone there about a year ago and found the same results and decided to wait to go back. We will not return in the future. The dress code is also discusting, torn blue jeans on wait staff and the owner, no class.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Great food and great service. Large variety of food to choose from.

1  Thank JeffoLaCrescent_MN
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Our group of 6 went here for a Saturday morning breakfast. Short wait, great food, excellent service. Pricing very reasonable.
My coffee cup was kept topped off the way I like it. Definitely a keeper.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have no problem waiting for a table at La Crosse Family Restaurant. I have rarely been disappointed in a visit. Despite the large menu, I always order my favorite dish -- the country skillet (hashbrowns topped with biscuits and gravy and eggs) and my choice of toast or pancakes. I have never left the restaurant hungry and never been unhappy with the check. When the cashier asked if everything was OK, I just casually mentioned that the waitress messed up my egg order (wanted over easy but received scrambled) and she took $1 off the check without any hesitation. A hearty breakfast and coffee for two totaled $12 or $13.

1  Thank jennelliott14
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This was the second time we went to La Crosse Family Restaurant this June and when we went there for the first time last summer, it was a really great experience. The food was good and the service was great! This restaurant will the one of the restaurants that we will visit every time we go to La Crosse.