“I would rate 0 if I could”

Candlewood Suites La Crosse
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is the most terrible hotel I have EVER stayed in. If you are staying for a night, it looks alright on the surface. But it is really not worth the money. The room has a bad smell, housekeeping never comes (I've been here 3 weeks!), you have to get towels and all yourself at the front desk, no amenities, bad management. Seriously, priced a hundred over dollars? Go somewhere else. I wouldn't stay this long if I had the choice.

Room Tip: The rooms are overpriced, mainly because it's in an apt's layout with the kitchen and all, t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
mrkhughes, General Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I'm really terribly sorry for the experience you are having at our hotel. We do weekly housekeeping in order to respect the privacy of our extended stay guests. However not being done for 3 consecutive weeks should not happen and I truly apologize. We take our cleanliness standard very seriously. I checked our system and I did not see any guests staying for that amount of time that were in at that rate. If you reach out to me I want to do whatever I can to make this right for you. Thank you again!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed in the Candlewood Suites in Lacrosse for a wedding. Impressed with how clean the grounds were as well as the interior of the hotel. Very friendly front desk staff as well as the housekeeping and maintenance people. Our room was a little delayed in being ready due to a late checkout. With that I would assumed that the room would have been given a quick cleaning just to get it ready. But they didn't rush it and it was spotless when we got in. The beds were extremely comfortable. The room was large enough to allow the bridal party to get ready. Nice fridge and two burner stove top. A very nice Festival Foods was just a block or so from the hotel. I believe it was a good value for the room. My only so what of a complaint was that the doors were awfully heavy to open. We were on the side away from the road so we didn't hear anything even slept with the window open. Overall it was part of a great weekend! IF we ever get a chance to go to La Crosse we'll stay at the Candlewood.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JTonvaca

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and everyone you met made you feel welcome. We try to get rooms turned over as quickly as we can to be ready for the next guest but really want to focus on making sure everything is done right. I hope you'll see us again when you are in the area.

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

New hotel with pleasant staff and very nice rooms w kitchens. Nicer rooms than the luxury hotels, just not much of a lobby and who cares about the lobby? I stay in the room! I can recommend this, I always wonder how picky some people must be to give poor reviews?

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff made you feel welcome. I hope you'll see us again if you come to La Crosse in the future. Thank you again!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed here for work. Although, the price could have been better. Everything was great about this place. I have stayed at many candlewoods however, this one was very classy and well kept. Stay here if you are there!

Room Tip: If you are here long term, book this place!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future if you travel through La Crosse again.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here one night on business, and really only chose it due to other hotels I normally stay at being booked. The hotel is fairly new and is clean and tidy. The room was adequate, but found it be a bit noisy (train and street). I'm sure if you need an extended stay style hotel, this would be a good choice, but I just found the overall ambience to be a bit subpar compared to other brands (i.e Marriott and Hilton).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
mrkhughes, Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor! We enjoy hearing feedback from our guests on where we are doing well and where we can improve. I admit we're not ideal for everyone and are meant more as a home away from home for travelers that may be in town for more than a couple nights with the larger rooms and kitchens in every suite. It is also difficult to block out all outside noise from the street and hope that did not disturb you too much. We're really happy you chose to stay with us when your primary hotel was not available during your needed dates and hope that you may consider us in the future when you come to visit La Crosse.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip in Wisconsin. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and this is defiantly on the top of my list. The rooms were not large by any means but had adequate space. The rooms are equipped with a full size fridge, microwave, oven top. Very handy if your going to be around for a few days. I asked the guy at the front dest for some dinner options and was very helpful. The hallways had a great smell to them, I think they had electronic air fresheners. This place is worth the price and I will be back.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor! We're all happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have electric air fresheners set on timers from Scentair, which has been great for us. We're thrilled you'll stay with us again when you come in to La Crosse. We'll be looking forward to seeing you.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent only one night, but we loved it! Very comfy beds. Really liked having a little kitchen area, nice to be able to use a real glass and plates (and full size fridge) while in a hotel! The entire hotel was clean and the staff is super friendly and helpful. Loved how close we were to all the fun that downtown La Crosse had to offer! We'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
mrkhughes, Manager at Candlewood Suites La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! We really enjoy getting feedback from our guests on how well we are doing or how we can improve. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and had fun downtown! I hope you'll be able to visit us again and enjoy La Crosse soon.