“Beautiful Views and Excellent Food”

Waterfront Restaurant and Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterfront Restaurant and Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 204 Restaurants in La Crosse
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Waterfront Restaurant and Tavern features seasonal American cuisine in a casual fine-dining setting. Full service outdoor patio is open three seasons with roofing system that allows enjoyment rain or shine. Happy Hour Monday through Friday and live entertainment weekly.
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We enjoyed an excellent lunch with beautiful views of the Mississippi River. The restaurant is in the historic downtown of La Crosse right off the riverwalk. Lunch selections are excellent quality and for a good price. I highly recommend!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Although the Waterfront restaurant it's self is a little on the high end as far as prices go. One of my favoite places to go in the summer for an early dinner and drinks is definately the Waterfront. You can enjoy sitting outside on their patio watching the boats and barges as you enjoy delicious 1/2 drinks and $5.00 burgers. Also, many of their appetisers are 1/2 price. The only draw back is these specials are only during happy hour so you neet to get there between 4-6 pm to enjoy these specials. The earlier you can get there the better because the patio seating fills up quickly and you may end up waiting for a table.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband and I were traveling with our teenage boys to look at UW La Crosse. We wanted to have lunch before we started a 3 hour drive home. The restaurant was highly rated on Trip Advisor and they we right. Beautiful view of the river. Restaurant was well decorated. The ladies' room was even nice. The food was excellent and well priced for the quality of the food.

1  Thank beckertravel4
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My family and I have eaten on the patio, in the tavern and also in the main dining room. The patio dining was wonderful overlooking the water and the happy hour deals are very affordable. The Tavern menu and also the main restaurant menu are both full of excellent choices. I have had several items and all were delicious! The dinner menu is expensive, but with the pleasant staff and unique menu choices, it is a treat we save for special occasions. I appreciate the attention to detail and the leisurely pace dinner is served. I have also experienced lunch with my coworkers and the food was good as was the selection. Be sure to save room for desert! Simply amazing!

1  Thank newfielvr
Reviewed April 3, 2014

My husband and I dined at the Waterfront last month and we both agreed the food was nothing less than excellent. My husband had the chicken marsala and I had Hawaiian marlin.

1  Thank Carrie T