“First class”

Waterfront Restaurant and Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterfront Restaurant and Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 202 Restaurants in La Crosse
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Description: The Waterfront Restaurant and Tavern features seasonal American cuisine in a casual fine-dining setting. Full service outdoor patio is open three seasons with roofing system that allows enjoyment rain or shine. Happy Hour Monday through Friday and live entertainment weekly.
Portsmouth UK
“First class”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Had an amazing meal here last night. The atmosphere and decor in the main restaurant is very sophisticated, yet very relaxed. The food choices should appeal to most. We had olives and spiced nuts with our wine to start with. This was accompanied with a nice selection of bread and lightly flavoured garlic butter. You get a choice of salads and my wife had fresh greens whilst I had the beet root salad, both were fresh and very tasty. For entree (main course to us English) I had Sirloin steak with potatoes and broccoli, my wife had a large shrimp and scallops on a bed of pasta. Both were excellent. We had a NZ Sauvignion Blanc which was also very good. What really was exceptional was the service. We had a waitress called Gusty, and she was amazing. Very attentive, and helpful. She was first class. We would strongly recommend this place.

1 Thank a7ftt

Janesville, Wisconsin
“Perfect Summer Happy Hour on the Mississippi”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Waterfront Tavern has a great happy hour (4:30-7:00 pm) in the summer on their patio overlooking the Mississippi river. There is a selection of half priced appetizers and for a really good deal - get the huge hamberger (cooked to your specifications) and fries for $5. Tap beers are $3 - we always go for the "Downtown Brown" - very good. Select glasses of wine are 2 for 1 and I believe martinis are reduced also (maybe $6 instead of $8?)
The three of us enjoyed 2 appetizers, 2 hambergers with fries, 5 beers and 2 glassses of wine for $45 before tip. We sat and enjoyed the river with it's paddle wheel boat and barges from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. No one rushed us out - it was comfortable and the weather was great - and the sunset was amazing!

• Visited September 2012
Muskego, Wisconsin
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We had the best experience I have had in many years. The atmosphere is spectacular. My sister and I eat gluten free. They do not have a gluten free menu. When we were seated our fabulous server talked to us and said what do you like, we sill make it for you. We looked at the menu for ideas of what they had and ordered modified versions of some great food. We cannot eat the bread so I asked for crudite. He brought a huge plate of fresh farm market baby carrots, asparagus, avocado, cucumber and maybe bell pepper. It was enough for and entire vegetarian meal. Also, my glass of wine was not to my liking so he discarded it and got me something different. He was so gracious and mad us feel like queens. I have eaten here before I had to go gluten free and loved it. This visit was even better. The sisters getaway was special.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Victoria M
Chicago, Illinois
“Romantic Evening”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I spent the night in Lacross on our way to South Dakota and decided to go out to dinner. We stumbled upon the Waterfront and had an unexpected fabulous meal and romantic experience. We were seated at the patio overlooking the Mississippi river and enjoyed the live music which added to the delightful atmosphere. The food was excellent and the service top notch! It was a great beginning to our vacation. We highly recommend dining at the Waterfront.

• Visited September 2012
Onalaska, Wisconsin
“Mississippi River Treasure”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The Waterfront is my favorite venue for a special lunch along the Mississippi River. Inside there are lovely linen covered tables. Outdoors, the patio has a louvered ceiling allowing both light and shade, with fans or heaters providing comfort in a wide range of temperatures. The setting is my first love. The river bridge, vintage bath house on the opposite bank, tugboats moving barges, pleasure boaters and the rolling water are views to enjoy. Lunch choices are reasonably priced around ten dollars. Portion sizes are reasonable, not large. Evening dining is more expensive and, since cost is important to me, I opt for the more palatable noon prices. Reservations are available for inside dining, but no reservations are accepted for the patio. A visit here is memorable!

• Visited August 2012