See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 22, 2017

i love to stay again and again very affordable rate and nice people and management thanks to them , really safe to walk out side at day and night + taco john next to the hotel so i do have food from there so i don't have to go no where thanks to the affordable inn.

Room Tip: room its nice and clean
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank briannalynn557
Reviewed November 27, 2016

IT is cheap. If you go to the city for very fast business purposes, you can face it. The internet was horrible and even though there is many signs to don' smoke, it seems that the room is full of it. It's worth what you pay.

Room Tip: There is no difference from one room to another.
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Juliana L
Reviewed November 7, 2016

This weekend I used booking.com to book two rooms at the Affordable Inn in Lacrosse, WI. I called the next day to make sure the reservation was made. The person working told me as long as I had a confirmation number, then the reservations were good. When we arrived, she asked to see the email with the confirmation. She did not have a computer or book with any reservation records. She looked at the email and said, "Two rooms? We don't have that." I told her I called to make sure this wouldn't happen. Long story short, we ended up taking one room with two beds, because that is all they had. I still had to pay full price, when they screwed up. The woman there had no idea what she was doing, she was so confused the whole time we were there and could barely complete a sentence. She then arrived an hour late the next day. Also when I went to check in and out the office was locked, and they are sure to tell you if you aren't out by 11:00 you don't get your deposit back. I had to pound of the door to get someone to let me in the check out. This place is very unprofessional. Most of the residence are live ins, which doesn't bother me, but they are loud and we were promised two rooms and given one. The room stunk horribly, the fan in the bathroom was obnoxious, it was all around a horrible experience, and I will never go back.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

Booked this last minute (about 4 hours before we checked in on Booking.com). Price was decent, so we went for it. I requested a main floor room because we are travelling with my mother and she is elderly and can't manage stairs well. Due to allergies, I also asked for a smoke-free/pet-free room.
When we checked in, the guy couldn't find my reservation. I showed him my confirmation email from my phone. So he proceeded to tell me not only do I pay for the room but that I have to give him a 20$ deposit to prevent smoking un the room. He had no clue that I requested a no smoking room. On top of that he says that the only rooms he has are upstairs and that all of the rooms downstairs are booked for 3 nights. That's bull. Those people were actually living there! So we drag all our stuff and haul it up to the second floor (outdoors staircase). The minute we went in we were hit with this pungent smell of old cigarrete smoke, mildew and God knows what else! Everything is old, dated, the bathroom door wouldn't shut due to swelling from excess moisture. The toilet constantly ran after flushing and the floors were creaky and unlevel. The beds had much to be desired, well worn and outdated beddind and spread. Flat pillows and the room itself was not very clean. I sprayed my perfume everywhere to mask the odors inside. The outside of the door has a no smoking sign on it and a placard inside the room saying the same.
Yet the strong smell....we were so tired from driving, that we just needed to sleep for a few hours and get back on the road. Upon check-out, I told the front desk clerk/owner (I assume) that the room smelled horrible, like it had been smoked in for years. He had to inspect the room and when he met me in the office he said I wouldn't be getting my deposit back because it smells like cigarette smoke!! Folks, I kicked cancer's butt recently and this little arrogant Indian (dot not feather), wasn't going to stop me from getting my 20$ deposit back! So we exited the cramped parking lot with my 20$ in hand. End of story!!!

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank Dayna S
Reviewed October 15, 2016

Location was absolutely awful. Bugs and scum everywhere, inside and outside. Every room smelled terrible. Manager wouldn't not refund even though we immediately left the room once we saw how awful it was. Had to call booking.com to get a refund. Absolutely terrible, can't stress that enough.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple