“Right off exit but keep driving”

Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Smells funny came in winter no working heater nice staff but shady people hanging around keep driving everything out dated on a cross country drive and 3rd night at a hotel and this is the worst by far

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Taagluk
maca69, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for review and for pointing out the things that you haven't been satisfy with. As much as we try to learn from our mistakes and try to make our property more accessible and afordable for our guests ,mistakes do happend and we sincerely appologize for the same. Thanks from America's Best Value Inn team.

Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Too much money for an average room with below-average fixtures. A thorough cleaning, new carpeting, new shower head, and a new mattress would go a long way at this place. I left before breakfast in the a.m., but the rooms didn't have coffee makers! Bummer. Oh well. I needed a place to crash for one night, and this place served its purpose. Too bad it cost $100 to do so.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you very much for the compliments on our Staff. We thank you for the suggestions on the updates and we sure will put them in the consideration. Thank you from Americas Best Value inn team.

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in room 127. The AC unit smelled when you turned it on. So did the fridge. Bathroom door stuck and was missing light bulbs in fixtures. Outside security reader was gone so any one could enter. N ceiling creaked when people walked above us. Never going to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Rono64

We are very sorry that you had a unpleasent expiriance at our La Crosse property. We wished that you did talk to the front desk and ask for different room. We are always more then happy to try and accomodate the quest as much as we can. Thanks for your input and coments, Americas Best Value Inn team.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

First impressions are important, and unfortunately I arrived to a parking lot full of motorcycle riders. This was not just my "lucky" day, they cater to them and appear to be part of a motorcycle club. Being a female travelling alone, I was not very comfortable. Upon arriving in the lobby, I was pleasantly surprised. It has recently been redone and looked very fresh and clean. Closer inspection revealed that it had been "cheaply" redone, metal chairs with vinyl in the breakfast area, etc. Well, at least it is clean. The room was very old and tired, with old picture tube tv, bedspread with holes in it, cheap and worn furniture, worn carpet, no hair dryer, telephone was across the room (how do you get a wakeup call?), broken faucet handle, etc. But it was all very clean, more than some high end hotels I have visited. Breakfast the next morning was very boring. Besides the waffle maker, which had a lineup a mile long to use it, there was chocolate & powder sugar mini donuts, cereal, oatmeal, toast. Overall, I would consider this hotel to be very basic. The price was good but maybe you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Drguz

We sincerely thank you for your honest opinion on our La Crosse property. We are constantly trying to improve our Motel without need to raise the prices which would affect our customers.all your input is greatly appriciated and already put on the list needed to be improved. Sincerely , America Best Value Inn team.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed here over night when visiting a friend in LaCrosse. The room is very basic. I had king size bed, TV, micro wave and fridge. No hair dryer, coffee maker. The bed was comfortiable. Staff very friendly. For the price it worked for me. As a female I felt safe. restaurants within walking distance. I90 abouat 1/8 mile away. The carpet was dirty/ old so I wore my shoes in the room. My friend had a room down the hall from me. Her room had King size bed, coffee maker and clock but her microwave had no clock on it. She also had a fridge in her room. No hair dryer. Where can you stay for $60? Can't complain.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for information on your stay with our La Crosse property. We do value each customers opinion and apriciate you taking the time to write the facts that can just help us. We do hope to see you at our property in your future stay when we would be more then happy to give you discounted rate w printout of this review as appreciation for your time . Sincerelly America's Best Value Inn team.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We came from across the country and saw the hotel right off I-90 at this time it was 2am and we were extremely tired. Most hotels we had stopped at during our trip, their staff was rude. When we arrived the lady at the desk was extremely nice n a pleasure to talk to. She put us in a room but, the room was dirty, which I believe housekeeping slacked off. I mean dirty! We went back to the lobby and told her, and this is when I remembered her name as Stephanie. I could tell she was genuine and to seem a bit embarrassed. She apologized and explained that her computer showed it as a clean room. She then put us in one of their suites which was much more pleasurable. She accommodated us very well, by offering her services, as in extra pillows and such. However I believe she should have more protection during a night shift as I did notice what seemed to be drug activity in the area and some scary people in that place. She was the one thing that made it a nice stay. Very nice, professional, with a great smile and personality.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank statetostatetraveler
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I witness first hand! of how the hotel was ran and operated .First off the whole establishment was very nobody knew what they were doing it was a circus. The rooms were not up to standard how a room should be I am very surprised that the health department has not yet been contacted which I think I will be doing that after this comment is made on this site. Customer service was the most shocking to me very very unprofessional to words there employees as well as there customers . I will make it my mission to let people know exactly how I feel about that place and how offended and dissected to even have witness what I did while I was at that establishment. I would have to rate the hotel zeros all the way around. I have never been the one to complain but someone and something has to be done about operated before anyone else has to go through what I did

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank lonerstar

We are very sorry that you had a unpleasent expiriance at our La Crosse property. We sure wish that we knew more about nature of the problem in order to address the same but we sure do appologize for any problem you had. We thank you for your time and wish you the best in your future traveling. Sincerely , Americas Best Value Inn team.