Radisson Hotel La Crosse
$129
Courtyard
$134
Home2.com
The Charmant Hotel(La Crosse)
$159
Econo Lodge(La Crosse)
$53
Travelocity
Welch Motel(La Crosse)(Great Value!)
$65
TripAdvisor
1,130 results
All reviewsplaza levelmississippi riverclub levelthree riverswithin walking distancefront desk staffbeautiful parkexcellent locationlacrosse centerhistoric downtownvery nice hotelcomfortable bedsa great place to staystaff was very friendlywould stay here againin townrotary lights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2010

We had a poolside side room that was only accessible by walking around the pool. Although I was concerned about the noise at night, it wasn't an issue. The kids loved being that close to the pool.
The onsite parking was convenient. The hotel is close to the water and a nice park area. The hotel was clean and the staff was courteous. The location was close to the downtown area (easily walkable).

The directions listed on the website were not accurate (wrong mile marker and streets listed).

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank OT7662586265
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I recently did a multi-trip business trip to the USA stopping off in La Crosse. And the Radisson Hotel.
This hotel is “un-inspiring” and “functional”. Upon arrival, the staff were completely polite and efficient. No problems what so ever. The hotel décor it straight out of a 70s episode of a Columbo movie! As are the rooms. Dark, dim and depressing. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with them, but I did not feel at all invited to stay in the rooms by the quality of the room. On the positive side, the room had an iron and ironing board (always a plus, not having to call room service to get one sent up) and the shower was a good quality.

Now the complete surprise was the electronic double bed! After an initial read of the instructions, each side of the bed can be set to a different hardness or softness to enhance your sleep. This I liked a lot and indeed, after a 23hr flight from London, via Chicago, did welcome this. So it was the one highlight of the stay.

I did not eat in the hotel but was recommended to go eat at “Piggy’s” down the road. Well worth it!

This is also not a smoker friendly hotel. I had run out of cigarettes. I went to reception and asked if there was a cigarette machine or somewhere local (within walking distance) where I could get a pack of ciggies. The 1st response was told I should quit smoking (sanctimonious!) and the 2nd response was not helpful and suggested a 15minute walk to a gas station. So customer service at it best, there!. Now, I appreciate that I was asking for cigarettes, however, it’s the “customer service” that counts in those situations.

So, overall I’d be looking at alternatives before staying at that hotel again. Maybe the Marriott Courtyard?? So hmmmm……

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank dhsurrey
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We only had a one-night stay here, but it was a good hotel. We did eat at the restaurant (not for young kids, but we didn't feel like looking around downtown!), which was very nice. Rooms were clean and views of the river were beautiful. Overall, a good hotel, if a little pricey for what you get.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I know it's not a big deal, but it's the little things that seem to make a stay memorable or forgettable.

We stayed two nights in this hotel last week. On our first night, my wife was not feeling well and did not want to go out for dinner, so we ordered room service. The room service menu clearly said that there was a $1.50 delivery charge and an 18% gratuity added to any room service order. OK, no problem.

After our meal was delivered and we'd eaten, my wife noticed there were two $1.50 delivery charges on the receipt. Naturally assuming it was a mistake, she called to have the bill corrected.

No, she was told, the second charge was correct. "Technically" the restaurant was independent of the hotel (even though it's in the hotel and doesn't even have a separate entrance) and so both the restaurant and the hotel assess a delivery charge for room service.

Obviously, a $1.50 is not the end of the world, but this kind of 'nickel and diming' really irritates me -- especially when it was not disclosed. I would have complained about it when we checked out, but the clerk at the desk didn't bother to ask how our stay was.

This hotel was fine otherwise, although the decor is tired and dated. I did like the Selectcomfort bed that allows you to adjust the firmness of the mattress.

The hotel's best asset, in my opinion, is it's downtown location right on the river. If you stay here, be sure to ask for a river view room on one of the upper floors (4th floor or above) as the view from the lower floors is blocked by trees.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CoolRich59
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Highlights: The rooms have always been clean and the location is right downtown, hard to beat it.

However, the hotel rooms are expensive and compared to the amenities received at other hotels of comparable price prevents me from recommending it.

Depending on where the staff sticks you, the room can either be fairly good sized or extremely small. I have stayed there several times and it usually seems like the beds are hit or miss, sometimes very comfortable and sometimes lumpy as can be.

That said I also dislike that for the price of the room can't get a jacuzzi suit or some other upscale ammenities in the room.

Clean and nice but not worth the price. You can certainly do much better within a short distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple