“Excellent Location”

Radisson Hotel La Crosse
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I'm in tune with the good reviews here. It's somewhat pricey, but this is where to stay due to it's proximity to the action downtown. You can walk and that's good. Try Bodega's and enjoy 378 different beers and a guy, John ,who is the Professor of his craft. John is cool. F.Y.I.--- There is a small "natural" food store, a gas station, and a "town" type pharmacy all near 6th and cass.
I had to figure that out on my own as the 3 people I spoke with at the front desk told me I needed to go to festival foods more than a mile out of town to get a bag of chips and some beer. 6th and cass is about 5-6 blocks from the Radisson. I know this helps.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank beercan67
Write a ReviewReviews (1,117)

Reviewed July 23, 2009

We stayed here for one night while on a motorcycle trip. It was an excellent location and was in very nice shape. We had views of the river from our rooms, and we're able to walk around downtown which had lots of restaurants. The hotel allowed us to park our motorcycles under the front entrance, which kept them protected from any rain and was a more secure spot. Our room was very comfortable. The bathroom was a very good size and clean. The room was large and included a comfortable chair. The beds were SleepNumber, which aren't my favorite. But you could adjust to make it comfortable. The linens were quite nice. Overall, we were very happy with our stay. The price was $150 for two people, so not the cheapest.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank UnivMichTraveler
Reviewed October 20, 2008

The location of this hotel was wonderful. Lots of restaurants, bars, and shops within walking distance and it was right on the Mississippi River. The lobby was beautiful and the staff was very friendly. The room was just OK. The TV was outdated, the decor was very outdated and the whole room (especially the bathroom) was tiny. It just seemed like everything was old, but the room itself was very clean. We were told there were sleep number beds, but our room didn't have one. Also, we wanted a view of the river, but evidently none of the rooms with king beds have a view of the river. But the view of the city was pretty. Overall a good hotel, but I don't think it will be long before they revamp the whole place.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank hmweis1
Reviewed October 10, 2008

We stayed at the Radisson LaCrosse for Oktoberfest this year. We've stayed at all of the other downtown hotels for Oktoberfest and this was the only one with availability this year.

The location was excellent, just a couple blocks from dining and bars downtown and not far to the South Fest Grounds, maybe 6 blocks or so. We usually park the car when we get into town and walk all weekend.

The rooms were ok, they are a little tired and it is easy to tell this is one of the older hotels in town. The rooms were clean though and they had Sleep Number beds in the King rooms, so the beds are newer anyway. I believe all King rooms have a city view, not river view. So we could see the parade from our room. I also heard they will be remodeling this year sometime, so the rooms should be nicer for next year.

We ate breakfast Saturday morning in the hotel restaurant and it was pretty good. Nothing amazing, but the view of the river was nice.

All of the hotel staff members I encountered were friendly and helpful when we asked about taxis and booking for next year.

Overall, the Radisson LaCrosse was a good experience and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank MNpalmtree
Reviewed October 7, 2008

Stayed there for the weekend during Oktoberfest. Room was great - just smelled a little like smoke. Nothing I couldn't live with. The staff was great, we asked a lot of questons about the area and they were only to happy to recommend places the locals go and what to avoid. Room was comfortable, would stay there again. The only thing to be improved on was maybe the breakfast our last day there. Other than that we enjoyed it.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ellen6550Oakdale_MN
Reviewed September 5, 2008

Where do I begin?

I stayed at this joint for two weeks, and almost every night something crazy/loud/smelly happened.

First of all, if you must stay there- avoid the eigth floor. The management, in all their wisdom, has made one side of the eigth floor smoking, and the other side non-smoking.

Divided by a long thin hallway.

So what happens? When someone on the left side of the hall decides to smoke in the middle of the night, THE WHOLE HALL STINKS.

The heat didn't work in my room. They sent up a nice engineer. He brought me a space heater the size of my fist.

The walls are paper thin, and every weekend the hotel hosts a wedding or two. Loud loud loud drunk people, you can try calling the front desk, as I did, but they don't do really anything.

The gym is a stiffling room with no a/c and no fan, and no windows.

Now I'm starting to feel bad about all these complaints, as the *people* who work there are all very nice. The restaraunt is good, the view of the Mississippi River is lovely... there are some nice things.

But the noise and the smells? Too much.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank tempisfugit2003
Reviewed July 29, 2008

We had a room on the plaza level facing the river. Beautiful view! The staff was very nice and the breakfast was fabulous (ordered room service). Normally we always stay at Marriott Hotels, but the Radisson was all that was available. I'm glad that was the case. We'd stay there again anytime!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple