“Great location by the river.”

Radisson Hotel La Crosse
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great location by the river. La Crosse itself was a disappointment, but the hotel was excellent. Comfortable, helpful staff, good catering for breakfast, just a walk from the Mississippi River. Free parking and easy access into the not very exciting town. Weil worth a side trip up Grandad Bluff for great views up and down the valley.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew S
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Andrew S,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson Hotel La Crosse. I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay. It is disappointing that the city of La Crosse did not exceed your expectations, it can be such a charming city. Grandad's Bluff is one of the prettiest views I have ever seen, I am happy to see that you enjoyed that part of your trip.

Until we see you again, safe travels!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel La Crosse

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Very nice hotel right on the river, be sure to ask for a room on the river side on the hotel, so you can see the river, river boats and barges coming and going on the river. You can walk to a lot of the great restaurants downtown for a great meal.
I was very pleased with staff and all of the amenities of the hotel. The hotel was clean and made me feel at home while I was away.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PhilipJChapman
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear PhilipJChapman,

Thank you so much for your kind review of the Radisson La Crosse Hotel! I will share your comments with the staff so we can all celebrate the 5 out of 5 scores in all areas of your visit. It is difficult to have perfect scores as there are so many variables in each's guests expectaions, I am very pleased to see that we met all of yours.

The title of your review, "Business Trip", shows how versatile the hotel and the city of La Crosse are, both really fit the needs of all types of travelers. This city has an abundance of attractions and restaurants, both of which provide great variety.

Until we see you again, safe travels.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Visited this property for two nights for a family wedding. Opted for an upgrade (recommended) for a club level and room - complimentary breakfasts and Happy Hour. All staff there were very helpful. Reasonable eating and drinking on site.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Clarkkp,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding the Radisson La Crosse Hotel, we are very happy to see that you enjoyed the amenities of the plaza level rooms. I am pleased to see that you chose our hotel for you important family gathering and that our staff made a favorable impact on your overall impression of the hotel.

Until we see you again, safe travels!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a very comfortable and quiet riverfront hotel with a fine staff, cozy bar, and well situated for events downtown. Rooms and beds are comfortable and the noise levels are usually low although weekend wedding parties might negate that on occasion. Free off-street parking and an excellent park nearby for walkers and joggers. If you luck out with a river view you will have one of the best river views of any hotel on the Mississippi north of St. Louis.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the riverside on a higher floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wildchough
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear wildchough,

Thank you so much for your review of the Radisson La Crosse Hotel, we are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have to agree with you, the views are amongst the prettiest you will ever see, we have a great location indeed.

Until we see you again in La Crosse, safe travels---I see that you have contibuted many reviews, keep up the great work.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2013

God what a great location, overlooking the Upper Mississippi and the city park, close to the cool downtown shops, bars and restaurants. It is a nice hotel but needs a renovation, it is showing it's age. Little things like stained ceiling tiles, sloppy room service trays at the end of the hall, etc. The rooms are nice, bathrooms look cool with fancy sinks. The restaurant is great. This hotel could be at another level if money was spent on a top to bottom renovation. Don't get me wrong, it is not run down by any means, but need sot be brought totally up to date. It seems they have tried to do this partially but need to do it totally. I would stay here again and have a wonderful visit as was my initial visit.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Roostrdude,

Thank you so much for your review of the Radisson La Crosse Hotel, we are all happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am disappointed that we weren't able to exceed all of your expectations, but really appreciate the comments you have provided us with on how we can make improvements.

We are in the middle of the design stage for a model room and are anticipating that to start in mid November, so it is definitely in our plans to update the hotel once again. It is through channels like TripAdvisor where our strengths and opportunities are discussed and assist in guiding us towards making improvements for future guests.

Until we see you again in La Crosse, safe travels!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed here when I went to my class reunion. Grew up in La Crosse so enjoy the river right outside the hotel door along with a very pleasant park for walking. Heather, at the front desk, was very friendly and accommodating. She was able to change my room to a higher floor which I appreciated. Room was very comfortable and clean. I had a room facing the parking lot but have had rooms on the river side too. Realized a couple hours after I checked out that I forgot cheese that I purchased in the refrigerator. Went back and staff was able to retrieve it. Wasn't expecting to see it again but appreciated what they did. Would come back again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river are the best.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Enjoy2travel,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Radisson La Crosse Hotel. Welcome back to your home town, and I hope your class reunion reconnected you with your former classmates. What a wonderful city to be from, I can definitely understand the connection.

I see you have contributed many reviews and I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Until your next vist to La Crosse, safe travels and we will see you soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for a business meeting with our Leadership Team - rooms were clean service was wonderful. What a great staff!!!! Terri and her team did a wonderful job of making our group feel at home - can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear lenorab49057,

Thank you so much for your recent review of the Radisson La Crosse Hotel. We all appreciate the nice comments and will look forward to you your next set of meetings. Until we see you again, safe travels and thanks for choosing Radisson for your meeting needs.

Best regards,