“Great stay”

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Chugiak
“Great stay”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

After being on the road for over a week (through Canada), this hotel was a refreshing stay.

Pros:

- The front desk staff was amazing. We checked in very late (10pm) and very tired but Daisy made out night with her kindness. After an encounter near the elevators with a rude customer, Daisy personally called my room 5 minutes later and apologized for the incident. She was very kind and deserves recognition for her professionalism as well. Great face for the company.

- The room we stayed had had a great access to the pool as well as stairs to take our dogs down and outside to the park.

-The park right out side was a bonus for us since we have dogs. I know the signs say "no dogs", but Im sorry - parks are meant for dogs. (Just clean up after your pet and no issues).

-Ample parking space. VERY accommodating for anyone pulling a U-Haul trailer or any larger trucks.

-Great pet policy and acceptance.

Cons:

- The bartender and the restaurant was very rude when I had an issue .We checked in late and after our check-in we ordered food. The waitress said she would call my room when its ready. She didn't and the food we ordered sat on the bar getting cold for 45 minutes until I went down myself to figure out the issue. After standing at the bar watching the bartender stay engaged in small talk with a couple across the opposite end of the bar, she finally asked me what I wanted in a very rude tone. Another waitress had to come over and handle it.

- Needs a continental breakfast.

The overall experience was very good and if Im in the area again, I will certainly stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the park/water. Waking up to the view of the Mississippi was very nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Michael L,

Thank you so much for your recent review of the Radisson La Crosse Hotel. I am thrilled to see that overall you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and would consider us for a follow up visit, that is the best compliment a hotel can receive. It was nice to see that our front desk staff made a positive impact on your stay.

I would like to apologize for the lack of service you received in our restaurant. I have reviewed your comments with the management and the staff in the Three Trees Restaurant, obviously we need to make sure we are following through with guest requests in a timely and effecient manner. Thank you for taking the time to assist us in gauging how we are performing.

I look forward to being of service to you for future visits.

Kindest regards,

Pete Boese, general manager, 608-793-5000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This recent weekend my friends and I had planned to stay here for my Bachelorette Party. Upon check in we had found you that someone had gotten sick in our room the day before and they were at a full house. The manager (not sure of her name) didn't feel comfortable renting that room to us because if the damages from the previous guest. A little disappointing because we had chose this hotel because it is so close to down town and we didn't want to worry about driving because we had planned to be drinking.

But they made up for it in a HUGE way. They had to walk us to another hotel (Courtyard Marriott that was 2 blocks away) and they paid for the WHOLE stay! We had also planned to eat at the restaurant inside of the Radisson and again did not want to drive at all! The Manager picked us up at the Courtyard and shuttled us to back to the Radisson for dinner and we were so greateful for that alone. We had sat down for dinner and the server came up to us and said the manager wanted to buy us two free appetizers! We were not expecting this at all! This is amazing service and they really care about their guests.

When finishing dinner they took us back to the Courtyard to finish getting ready for our night. They had even offered to shuttle us downtown from the Courtyard and also pick us up at bar close at 2:30 in the morning! We did not take them up on this because we felt that they had already done so much for us!

I have worked in hotels for 7 years I KNOW that great help is hard to find! They have AMAZING managers on staff! Keep up the WONDERFUL customer service! Needless to say even though the rooms are pricey the staff really makes it worth it!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Colleen D,

Thank you for your recent review of the Radisson La Crosse Hotel. I would like to begin by apologizing for the fact that we were unable to provide you with the room you had reserved for our hotel. The summer weekends are in extremely high demand and we do our best to make sure there are rooms for all reserved guests. I am very grateful for the fact that you understood the issue and were able to still make the most out of your special weekend.

I am so pleased to see that our staff was able to still provide you with outstanding service and to turn a difficult and frustrating situation into a positive experience. It is nice to see that the efforts of the front desk were noticed, I will share your comments with them. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and I am hopeful that we can be of service to you for future visits.

Kindest regards,

venice beach, ca
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is the second time this month that I've stayed at a well run Hotel. It's rare to walk into a hotel with a staff that cares and the Radisson is one that comes complete with clean, spacious rooms, one of the most comfortable beds, good internet connection and the one thing missing in the green world... WATER PRESSURE!

Not only did the staff accommodate our storage needs for two nights but they also kept the kitchen open at closing time (upon our arrival) because the only thing available in town was pizza and street meat.

I use the Radisson chain in many places because this is more the norm than the exception. The staff is to be commended and I hope that this chain continues down the path of awesomeness.

The hotel is located next to the big river and just a short block walk to restaurants and bars along with some unique shopping. Pizza runs late (Polito's has a HUGE late night selection) and there is plenty of parking.

Room Tip: Get one facing the river!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Ron K,

Thank you so much for your review of the Radisson La Crosse Hotel. We were thrilled to see that you were back for another visit and that our hotel and company have been able to meet, and many times, exceed your expectations. All hotels are the same in one way or another in a physical way, it is the service that makes the difference and I am happy to see we have made a favorable impact on you.

If I can ever be of personal service, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Until the next time we see you, best regards and safe travels.

Best,

Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

A reasonable hotel room with amenities expected from a Radisson. The best part about this hotel is its location between the river and neat little shops on 2nd Street. If you're staying and parking a boat, make sure to let the hotel know - and remind them - this was a wrinkle during our stay over the 4th of July. The front desk clerk could only recommend that we try to find street parking, after she chastised us for not letting them know about the boat...although they'd been told the previous evening. Fortunately, we were able to make our own parking spot in the lot (by taking 4.5 spots!) before all of the non-guests parked in the lot for the fireworks. The sign in front of the lot stated no non-guest parking, but there is no room key required to enter the lot - that might be a nice addition, Radisson. A room key slider and an intercom for people checking in to get clearance from the front desk.

• Stayed July 2013
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Cyclonegal,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson La Crosse Hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent visit. I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay wtih us and that the location suited your needs. I am disappointed to see that our front desk staff did not handle themselves in a more favorable manner regarding your boat parking. The parking was definitely at a premium during the Riverfest celebration and we did our best to monitor the lot, and make sure our guest's needs were fulfilled. Thank you for your suggestion regarding the intercom and key system.

If I can ever be of personal service, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I hope the rest of your travels were enjoyable!

Kind regards,

Lake Bluff, Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed at the Rad 1 night. Excellent location, less than a block away from drinks and dining.
The river is in the front yard. 1st class room.
The check-in gal was distracted and mildly unfriendly, but that's a typical 20 year old...other than that, no problem.
We'll stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear hogdog3,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson La Crosse Hotel, I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. We work hard at providing the best service possible, so I am a little disappointed to see that the front desk staff was not friendly as they should have been. I will share your comments with the staff so they can see how they can directly affect a guest's overall impression of the hotel.

If I can ever be of personal service, please don't hesitate to call on me.

Regards,

Tama, Iowa
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was going to be the fanciest hotel I've ever stayed at wrong ! Staff was very polite. On the way to our accessible room, the hall carpet was stained should have been my first clue. The river view was excellent until you got up to the disgusting window that needed cleaned. Collapsed on to the super pillow top bed awesome, then started to unpack noticed a little dusty. Started plugging in gadgets, not enough outlets for this day and age. Pulled back the nightstand yuk needs vacuumed, more dust, and the furniture needs some loving care. Opened are refrigerator which needed defrosted and found chicken chunks who knows how long they had been there ! Informed staff that it needs to be dusted since I'm allergic but it was late and would be cleaned in the morning. Back to the room the accessible toilet was a regular size toilet with hand rails, sorry that's not a handicap toilet! I where a bi pap machine to help me breathe at night not only did I get the dust blowing up my nose all night but had the smell of musty curtains, that need to be cleaned, so needless to say I woke up sick, 5 hour drive, 4 night stay turned in to 1 nightmare night, as we checked out they asked how our stay was, I said so, so I hadn't gotten my money back and wasn't taking any chances since this was my first reservation ever. Oh yah the shower and sink didn't drain very good imagine that ! When this hotel was built I bet it was the cats meow, beautiful river walk I didn't even get to enjoy, now the rooms looks like something my cat dragged in ! Why didn't I think to take a picture I was just in shock !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AbsolutleyHonest
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear AbsolutelyHonest,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson La Crosse Hotel. I am disappointed to see that we were unable to meet your needs and that the room was not cleaned properly. We take great pride in our hotel and your comments are hard to read as we work hard at being the best hotel we can be. We recently had our windows professionally cleaned and our housekeeping department continues with ongoing inspections of room cleanliness and "task of the day" to keep our focus on the details of the rooms.

If you have a moment to write back or call me to discuss the specific room number you visited so we can address the slow drains in the tub and sink, we would appreciate that information. This is certainly an easy fix and when notified we would have the opportunity to correct the situtaion and try to minimize the frustration of our guest. Our hotel was built in 1980 and time takes it tolls on the infrastructure so it is important for our staff to stay on top of these types of issues. Our rooms were renvoated in the last four years, so I am further disappointed to see that we could not meet your expectations with the design and functiionality of the room.

KInd regards,

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I Loved this location and it is by far it is in the heart of everything along the river and downtown. Worth a few extra bucks to spurge and pick here compared to some of the other places . Bar is good too and breakfast is highly recommended downstairs. Rainy day for us but it was nice that we could be so close.

• Stayed May 2013