Radisson Hotel La Crosse
Econo Lodge(La Crosse)
$49
$119
$115
The Charmant Hotel(La Crosse)
$169
  • Restaurant
Welch Motel(La Crosse)(Great Value!)
$75
1,140 results
All reviewsplaza levelmississippi riverclub levelthree riverswithin walking distancefront desk staffbeautiful parkexcellent locationlacrosse centerhistoric downtownvery nice hotelcomfortable bedsa great place to staystaff was very friendlywould stay here againin townrotary lights
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was going to be the fanciest hotel I've ever stayed at wrong ! Staff was very polite. On the way to our accessible room, the hall carpet was stained should have been my first clue. The river view was excellent until you got up to the disgusting window that needed cleaned. Collapsed on to the super pillow top bed awesome, then started to unpack noticed a little dusty. Started plugging in gadgets, not enough outlets for this day and age. Pulled back the nightstand yuk needs vacuumed, more dust, and the furniture needs some loving care. Opened are refrigerator which needed defrosted and found chicken chunks who knows how long they had been there ! Informed staff that it needs to be dusted since I'm allergic but it was late and would be cleaned in the morning. Back to the room the accessible toilet was a regular size toilet with hand rails, sorry that's not a handicap toilet! I where a bi pap machine to help me breathe at night not only did I get the dust blowing up my nose all night but had the smell of musty curtains, that need to be cleaned, so needless to say I woke up sick, 5 hour drive, 4 night stay turned in to 1 nightmare night, as we checked out they asked how our stay was, I said so, so I hadn't gotten my money back and wasn't taking any chances since this was my first reservation ever. Oh yah the shower and sink didn't drain very good imagine that ! When this hotel was built I bet it was the cats meow, beautiful river walk I didn't even get to enjoy, now the rooms looks like something my cat dragged in ! Why didn't I think to take a picture I was just in shock !

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AbsolutleyHonest
Pete B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear AbsolutelyHonest,

Thank you for your review of the Radisson La Crosse Hotel. I am disappointed to see that we were unable to meet your needs and that the room was not cleaned properly. We take great pride in our hotel and your comments are hard to read as we work hard at being the best hotel we can be. We recently had our windows professionally cleaned and our housekeeping department continues with ongoing inspections of room cleanliness and "task of the day" to keep our focus on the details of the rooms.

If you have a moment to write back or call me to discuss the specific room number you visited so we can address the slow drains in the tub and sink, we would appreciate that information. This is certainly an easy fix and when notified we would have the opportunity to correct the situtaion and try to minimize the frustration of our guest. Our hotel was built in 1980 and time takes it tolls on the infrastructure so it is important for our staff to stay on top of these types of issues. Our rooms were renvoated in the last four years, so I am further disappointed to see that we could not meet your expectations with the design and functiionality of the room.

KInd regards,

Pete Boese, general manager, 608-793-5000

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I Loved this location and it is by far it is in the heart of everything along the river and downtown. Worth a few extra bucks to spurge and pick here compared to some of the other places . Bar is good too and breakfast is highly recommended downstairs. Rainy day for us but it was nice that we could be so close.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Beautiful facility. Beautiful location. Lovely, friendly staff. Immaculate rooms. We had 2 rooms for the 4 of us but were only in town for just short of 12 hours from Saturday night to Sunday morning. Wish we could have enjoyed the area and the hotel a bit longer. Will make it a point to stay there again as soon as possible. Stayed on Club level. Beds were remarkably comfortable and the bedding was spotless and soft. Breakfast on Club floor in morning was so relaxing, fresh and couldn't beat the view of Riverside drive. Great way to start the day. Had a nightcap in the bar the previous night and the bar tender, Nancy, was personable and fun.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Once again, the hotel staff was super. Casey at the front desk was always friendly and eager to assist. We spent two nights on the plaza level and we thoroughly enjoyed. Al provided excellent customer service for happy hour. Temperature in the room was a bit warm when we arrived but maintenance was quick to resolve the issue. Bed was quite comfortable, and we enjoyed our quick visit to LaCrosse.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Enjoyed the 2 nights I stayed at this hotel. Room was very clean and comfortable. Front staff was also very friendly. Only complaints I had was the loud noise of the heat unit when I turned the temperature up. Had the TV on but when the fan came on, I had to turn the TV on much louder. It is LOUD!! When I was going to make a cup of coffee in their coffee maker, the water well was dirty - full of lime from the water. I cleaned it out with a tissue and took the tissue to the front desk. She was very apologetic and the next morning the coffee maker was clean.

Room Tip: Top floor on river side is always best but didn't mind top floor of city view either
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo