Radisson Hotel La Crosse
$134
$98
Econo Lodge(La Crosse)
$53
Welch Motel(La Crosse)(Great Value!)
$65
The Charmant Hotel(La Crosse)
$159
Travelocity
$119
$115
Travelocity
1,130 results
All reviewsplaza levelmississippi riverclub levelthree riverswithin walking distancefront desk staffbeautiful parkexcellent locationlacrosse centerhistoric downtownvery nice hotelcomfortable bedsa great place to staystaff was very friendlywould stay here againin townrotary lights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Radisson in LaCrosse the week before Christmas. We did the bed and Breakfast Package. The Radisson is right next to the park, so we took a walk down through the park to see the Christmas lights, They do a great job. The room was very nice, we enjoyed the sleep number bed and a fantastic breakfast. The waiter had a great personality. This is the 3rd time we have stayed here in the last year and a half and will absolutely be back.

Room Tip: pamper yourself, upgrade to a suite, you deserve it, go for it.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Duxbak
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Went to La Crosse to visit a college. I have never been to the area before, I am glad we got a river view room, because it was awesome. The hotel was great, the staff was friendly and very helpful, made good recommendations for were to eat.

Pool area was big and the water temp was perfect, and the pool was large for a hotel pool. I thought the exercise room was good, commercial grade treadmills, don't find that often.

With the hotel located downtown it is a great location for a stay. I would recommend the club level.

Room Tip: River view and club level, worth the extra money, Happy hour 5 to 7, free drinks and apps.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gp03214
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I was nervous after reading recent reviews, so I entered our room with a critical eye. In plain sight on the floor was a clear straw wrapper. I bent down to pick it up, and while doing this I looked over at the closet safe. I saw a beer bottle cap under the safe on the closet floor. As I went to throw those items in the garbage, I saw an empty box of "Muscle Milk" with the associated straw on the floor peeking out from under the bed's dust ruffle. I went to open the sheer draperies and there was a big oily head print on the window. This stuff was all in plain sight and should have been seen by housekeeping staff. I felt like maybe the recent bad reviews might be right.

Further inspection showed the room to otherwise be clean. A good test is to look where the baseboard meets the carpet. There was no dust build up there. The tub and toilet were clean, as was the bathroom floor and fixtures. There were some dings and scrapes on the doors and furniture, but not too bad. The furniture was not outdated and looked good. The room decor was good, but there were a few gross stains on the carpet that could be shampooed again. The bathroom faucet and sink are new and are stylish, and the shower worked great.

You really have to pay attention to the sleep-by number bed adjustment instructions, but once we figured them out, the bed was great. Someone complained about the lousy channel selection and small TV, but we found plenty of channels once we figured out the remote. The TV size was perfect for the room. There were also a lot of good movies available that were just released to video. Our laptop computer connected to the Wi-Fi with ease, but it was really running slow.

We stayed in the Plaza Club, which comes with free hors d'oeuvres and cocktails for two hours, turn down service (who needs this), free cookies at night and continental breakfast. The hors d'oeuvres selection was so-so, but this was likely due to the small number of people staying there on a Sunday. However, since we ate lunch at a restaurant earlier in the day, the food and drinks from 5-7 pm were enough that we didn't need to eat out that evening. There was a nice selection of craft beers and wine along with soda for the non-drinker. The next morning, we had a nice continental breakfast with fresh fruit, oatmeal, bagels, jelly, coffee, juice, etc; so much so, that we bypassed lunch.This is a perk well worth the extra money.

There were a lot of previous complaints posted about unenthusiastic staff, and while our reservation clerk sure seemed underwhelmed by my call, the rest of the staff were very nice and attentive. One negative thing that struck me was how much the polished metal in and around the elevators was covered in hand prints. Many were big, gooey smears, probably left by drunken Oktoberfest attendees the day before. If I managed the place I would have been cleaning them myself if needed, as they were so obvious.

Overall, the hotel is like the metal in the elevators. Just a little polish and it would be great.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kenneth123
Reviewed September 20, 2011

In over 20 years, I have never been disappointed in a meal at the Radisson. Until last night.
After raving to my guests and friends about how good the food is at the Three Rivers Lounge, Last night was so disappointing, I am not about to return. Under the waitress' advice (she was obviously told to push the port shoulder), we ordered it. Two meals came out that looked like something from the Country Buffet, and tasted even worse. The thin piece of meat, which the young girl said was tender... was 99 percent fat, and the struggle to find one eatable slice of meat was embarrassing. I should have guessed that waitress would know about meat, much less have actually tried it. Until last night, I could depend on the waiter giving me honest advice, the table being set professionally, and the presentation of the food to be very appealing. On September 19, there was no evidence of anything well done except for the dried edges of the pork, which they tried to camouflage with sauce. I won't be going back there, nor will I ever brag about how good the food is again. To add insult to injury, it was my guest's birthday. $65 dollars wasted.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Polly K
RD-GM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

I am disappointed you did not enjoy you visit to our Three Rivers Lodge restaurant. Please let me make it up to you and host you for another dinner visit. I have shared your comments with our Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef for their feedback but can tell you the maple pork sandwich is one of the most popular items. We are sorry it did not meet your expecations or to your liking. When you have time please call me at 608-793-5000 so we can discuss further.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Very convenient and right on the beautiful Mississippi River. Great little Spa on the corner across the street ~ perfect little location for you and your girlfriends to have a "get together" weekend and shop and spa and relaxation. Excellent restaurants and you can even take a little cruise down the River if you'd like. All fun!

Room Tip: 8th floor is the best! Best view!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
RD-GM, General Manager at Radisson Hotel La Crosse, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

We are glad you enjoyed your girls weekend getaway! Thanks for the great comments and we will share them with the Spa across the street as well. They are newly opened and we are glad to have them as a neighbor.