“Great value and fine location”

Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed November 10, 2009

We got the AARP rate of only $55 and had a very nice breakfast, a fun swim and soak in whirlpool, a clean and large enough room with an extra chair. Large bathroom. Not a 5 star, but very satisfied for this price. I'd stay again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 20, 2009

Hubby and I were winding down our 6 week trip in the USA, this was the last stop over before we were to go back to the Netherlands.
We found this motel in a coupon book ( too bad there are not more coupons for other motels in different directions of the state )
This place was terrific, staff was awesome, beds were sooooooooooo nice,
We went out to eat dinner came back,, put on our swim suits and spent at least half an hour in the sparkling clean jacuzzi.. it was deserted so we had the whole place to ourself.
Next morning, we had breakfast, food was fine, at least there were no staff hoovering over us ...there was plenty of room ... would have loved it more if they had offered more hot food ( especially with the cold weather coming in)
We HAVE nothing but good things to say about this place :-)

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Located just off the main highway with good restaurants nearby. Excellent continental breakfast. Staff was friendly and room was clean and roomy. Computer available in lobby.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Several weeks ago I traveled with my 2 little girls on my mother's invitation to visit family in LaCrosse. She booked adjoining rooms for us & prepared me for a "small motel experience" as the Radisson on the river where she usually stayed was booked. I didn't know what to expect but when we arrived (late) our rooms were ready & clean, beds comfortable & hotel staff did everything they could to make it easy for me including providing a bed railing & 4 extra pillows to place on the floor in case one of the girls fell out of bed. Loved the jacuzzi & treadmill, used free online computer & had complimentary breakfast each morning. Staff were 5-Star & so helpful in giving directions to an Amish market, recommending restaurants, etc. I was amazed there was no elevator (thought every hotel had one) but staff gladly carried all my luggage (plenty of it) up to the room for me & the girls & my mom. Got to admit after a night at Embassy Suites in MN before we arrived I was leary about a little "motel", but as it turned out, mom knows best.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank JWArizona
Reviewed May 13, 2009

I too stayed here because everything on the river was booked. This hotel is a former Hampton. You can see where the outline of the old sign under the Settle Inn sign.
I'm sure it was discarded by Hampton because the property didn't meet their standards. Their is no elevator. Stairs only to the 2nd floor. It's a worn out property and it shows.
Strictly for use when there are no other options. My view was of the adjacent U-Haul rental lot.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank FortWorthTX
Reviewed May 8, 2009

This hotel website notes elevator access to the second floor. There are no elevators in this hotel. It was only two flights, but I was on business for a week and with work and personal items, I would rather not carry them up the stairs. The room was clean and bed was fine. I probably would stay closer to downtown next time.

Reviewed April 15, 2009

Ended up at this hotel because everything else was booked. Completely disappointed having to stay here for two days. I requested a non-smoking room. What I got was a poor attempt at making a smoking room smoke-free. As someone who allergic, this isn't acceptable in my book and I wish someone would have revealed that to me when I booked the room 3 months in advance. There was no space to move me to a different room (or at least one that smelled less of cigarette smoke).

Beyond that issue - their beds are awful. Hard, old, and slouchy in the middle.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business