Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse
$129
$94
Econo Lodge(La Crosse)
$49
The Charmant Hotel(La Crosse)
$169
  • Restaurant
Welch Motel(La Crosse)(Great Value!)
$75
All reviewswafflespool and hot tubno elevatorroom was cleanhard boiled eggsfamily restaurantworked finein townstaff was friendlyother hotelsstay there againhampton innroad tripnothing fancyqueen bedcontinental breakfastnight's sleep
Reviewed August 17, 2008

close enough to bike to downtown on the trails. close enough to bike to the great river trail and the lacrosse river trail. nice pool with a decent free breakfast including waffles. i think it would be impossible to find a better deal than the settle inn.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed August 16, 2008

I stayed here one night. One of the reasons I chose the Settle Inn was because of all the positive reviews on TripAdvisor, which were right on target.

This property is a former Hampton Inn located at the north end of town, pretty close to I-90. The room was very clean and nicely furnished (even nicer than the pictures on the web site), and the bathroom was large and well lighted. The motel also has a pool and whirpool and offers an ample continental breakfast in a large and pleasant breakfast area. There is also a computer in the lobby with internet access and a free printer. I asked the person at the desk for dinner recommendations and he was very helpful. If I return to LaCrosse, I would definitely consider the Settle Inn again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Absolutely wonderful hotel property. I wish we could have stayed longer! This hotel is clean, quiet, and safe! The lobby, hallways, pool area, parking lot, rooms, everything is meticulously groomed! Wow! The rooms are a wonderful tranquil oasis with european style duvets on the beds, coffee maker, stylish furnishings, smartly styled bathroom, windows that open, self-controlled heating/cooling unit, iron, ironing board, and cable TV. It appears the property is concrete construction so one doesn't hear other guests as they walk by. This is a two-story hotel with 100 rooms so it can be a little bit of a walk to get to your room, but what a pleasant walk with wide, spotlessy clean carpeted hallways. All of the staff we had contact with were very nice and extremely polite and helpful. There is a wonderful family-style restaurant adjacent to the hotel that serves up a nice variety of home-style comfort food. This quiet, clean, safe hotel was a delight to rest in after busy days touring the La Crosse area. An absolutely superb value for the price! You can't go wrong!! Makes one just want to " SETTLE INN ! "

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CleanQuietAndSafe
Reviewed April 10, 2008

The Settle Inn was a nice surprise after not being able to get a room at the Courtyard. My only complaint is that the fan in the bathroom went on whenever the light was on, which I find really annoying, and the toilet required 2 flushes to actually flush. Not a big deal though.

The breakfast was definitely the highlight-hot waffles, yogurt, pastries, etc. Plus, I got to eat breakfast with the band Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers, who I had seen in concert the night before! Hey, if the Settle Inn is good enough for them, it works for me!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katlynw02
Reviewed February 6, 2008

Our stay was fantastic given the circumstances! Our arrangements were last minute as we had a sudden death in the family. The Courtyard properties are always my first choice as I am a rewards member, however the hotel was booked. After reading the reviews of the Settle Inn, I booked 2 rooms at 50% of what the Courtyard would have charged me with similar amenities. The staff far exceeded our expectations from the initial phone call to our check out. The staff was very friendly and went the extra mile for every request. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable and the wireless was free. Being a business traveler, I have had many continental breakfasts in my time, yet this was one of the better...and it was free as well. There was a heated indoor pool and jacuzzi, and a fitness center, which was small. The hotel is in the northern part of town and is about 2 miles from Downtown - bars and restaurants. There is a "Family" restaurant in front of the hotel, which was good every time we stopped in, and also a KFC across the street. Should you be in town, the Freight House and Piggy's are two restaurants not to be missed - Both in downtown!

All in all, the hotel was a great. If I am ever in La Crosse again, it will be a tough decision between the Courtyard and the Settle Inn.

J~