“Nice place for not a lot of money.”

Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Warrens, Wisconsin
“Nice place for not a lot of money.”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just stayed here for a weekend away. Was happy with everything. The staff was very friendly. Room was aged but clean. Pool area was clean. Breakfast had a lot of variety. Bed was very comfortable. Not going to stay anywhere nicer for 80 bucks a nite in LaCrosse.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We recently stayed at the Settle Inn for a pom pon competion. This is an average hotel. The wall paper in our room was patched with yellow glue and had an old tv. We had to go to the front desk multiple times as our keys were not working. On the plus side the beds were surpisingly comfortable and the continental breakfast was adaquate. The price was reasonal for the property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RSNorth, General Manager at Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review mentioning the good and the not so good. All comments help us make things better for our future guests as we know we can always improve.
Our strategy at the Settle Inn is to have a friendly staff and clean rooms with a reasonable price. We appreciate our guests and want you to know your feedback is what keeps us on our toes so thank you again for your comment.
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

For the price I think you are getting a good value. Wall paper in room is peeling, rooms are a little small. Nice pool and a friendly staff. Had a breakfast as well but did not ry it. Overall for the Price I recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Northwoodswis
Shakopee, Minnesota
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very friendly staff. Check-in and check-out went smooth as silk. The room was very clean. While the beds are not as nice as our air adjustable bed at home, they were still very comfortable. The wife and I have back issues, and both of us slept perfectly fine. Nice breakfast with a very efficient attendant.
I have paid a lot more at national chains that were a dump compared to this Settle Inn.
Did not use the pool or whirlpool so I can't comment on them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gold Coast
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had two rooms and the review is based on what we experienced with one of these rooms. We made a late decision to change destinations for the night we stayed in La Crosse. Did not book ahead but had looked up the motel on TripAdvisor. On arrival asked the young fellow on the desk what was the best deal that he could do for two rooms. He quoted a figure and started getting my details. I then asked about AAA rates and he said - oh that will give you a discount. I would think that there could have been effort on his part to ask about this when I said what was the best rate. My wife and I shared one room and my sister in the other. Her room was obviously designed for improved accessibility and she was happy with it. Our room on the other hand had a rather unpleasant smell which we assumed was coming from the drains in the bathroom. I asked the attendant on the front desk if the water in the local area smelt and he responded no so gave me some air freshener to spray in our room. Later when my wife went to use the toilet she discovered that the toilet seat had not been fully cleaned. Then when I went to turn down the second bed for the night I discovered that all three pillows on the bed had long black hairs on the pillow cases. Called the front desk for new pillows and when these were brought I mentioned the state of the dirty toilet seat. The attendant said he would report that issue to the manager. On check out the next day there was no apology or offer of reduced rates for the state of our room. Breakfast was fine. Wi-fi access was good.
One other off-putting matter was the dirty ash trays on tables at each access point to the hotel - front area and door near the pool.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Papa_Panda
RSNorth, Manager at Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Let me start with an apology that should have been given by the hotel staff that you dealt with. As the manager I am so sorry that you had such an experience here but I thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond. My AGM did refund your entire room rent and the desk clerk was supposed to inform you of that as well as apologize on behalf of management. Needless to say, there will be some consequence for the desk staff as well as housekeeping as this is not the standard that is acceptable at this hotel. In closing, my sincere apology and thanks for letting me know.
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This motel, I'd place somewhere between a super 8 and a Hampton Inn. It's an outstanding value as it was only around $60 for the night. I expected at this price a horrible, smelly, dated place but was surprised to see a clean facility. I would certainly recommend this place to anyone seeking a low priced, but decent place to stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank LfeisGood
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Better than a Motel 8 or Super 8, a step below a Hampton Inn. In short, a nice value hotel. The room was clean and the King bed was very comfortable. Decent pool, hot tub. The breakfast was fair, but those seeking more could walk across the lot to a local family restaurant. The location is near I90, so your a five minute drive from UW-LaCrosse or downtown. Not really walking distance.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tom S
RSNorth, General Manager at Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your stay with us. We appreciate it and hope to see you again in the future.