“It's in the luck of the draw!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse

Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in La Crosse
Gold Coast
“It's in the luck of the draw!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had two rooms and the review is based on what we experienced with one of these rooms. We made a late decision to change destinations for the night we stayed in La Crosse. Did not book ahead but had looked up the motel on TripAdvisor. On arrival asked the young fellow on the desk what was the best deal that he could do for two rooms. He quoted a figure and started getting my details. I then asked about AAA rates and he said - oh that will give you a discount. I would think that there could have been effort on his part to ask about this when I said what was the best rate. My wife and I shared one room and my sister in the other. Her room was obviously designed for improved accessibility and she was happy with it. Our room on the other hand had a rather unpleasant smell which we assumed was coming from the drains in the bathroom. I asked the attendant on the front desk if the water in the local area smelt and he responded no so gave me some air freshener to spray in our room. Later when my wife went to use the toilet she discovered that the toilet seat had not been fully cleaned. Then when I went to turn down the second bed for the night I discovered that all three pillows on the bed had long black hairs on the pillow cases. Called the front desk for new pillows and when these were brought I mentioned the state of the dirty toilet seat. The attendant said he would report that issue to the manager. On check out the next day there was no apology or offer of reduced rates for the state of our room. Breakfast was fine. Wi-fi access was good.
One other off-putting matter was the dirty ash trays on tables at each access point to the hotel - front area and door near the pool.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Papa_Panda
RSNorth, Manager at Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Let me start with an apology that should have been given by the hotel staff that you dealt with. As the manager I am so sorry that you had such an experience here but I thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond. My AGM did refund your entire room rent and the desk clerk was supposed to inform you of that as well as apologize on behalf of management. Needless to say, there will be some consequence for the desk staff as well as housekeeping as this is not the standard that is acceptable at this hotel. In closing, my sincere apology and thanks for letting me know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Hudson, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

This motel, I'd place somewhere between a super 8 and a Hampton Inn. It's an outstanding value as it was only around $60 for the night. I expected at this price a horrible, smelly, dated place but was surprised to see a clean facility. I would certainly recommend this place to anyone seeking a low priced, but decent place to stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank LfeisGood
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Better than a Motel 8 or Super 8, a step below a Hampton Inn. In short, a nice value hotel. The room was clean and the King bed was very comfortable. Decent pool, hot tub. The breakfast was fair, but those seeking more could walk across the lot to a local family restaurant. The location is near I90, so your a five minute drive from UW-LaCrosse or downtown. Not really walking distance.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tom S
RSNorth, General Manager at Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your stay with us. We appreciate it and hope to see you again in the future.
Portage, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

It was a very nice hotel! Our hotel room was a long walk away, but the room was very nice and updated. The location is nice because there is a nice restaurant near by, however it is by a highway. I don't think I heard the highway from my room, though. The food was good too! I would stay again!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cheyser13
RSNorth, General Manager at Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for the time you took to write a review on your stay with us at the Settle Inn. We look forward to seeing you again!!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

The room was a good size, attractive and very clean. The staff at the front desk were pleasant and friendly. They have a very nice pool and spa, which I had all to myself. They provide a good breakfast too. The family restaurant right across the parking lot serves good reasonably priced food. I especially recommend the fish. I had the Walleye and it was perfectly cooked.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kaycrew
Chicago IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I recently stayed at the Settle Inn for a wedding this past august. The hotel is located right off of Hwy 90 and is minutes from the town. Upon check in we arrived around 1pm. Check in was not ready until 4:30 but the clerk at the front desk said are rooms were ready and we were checked in promptly. I reserved a full size bed off of hotels.com $82 with taxes includ. I feel as this is $20-$30 below the average comparable in the area. The room was clean and comfortable. Large shower, bathroom, cable with movie channels. The continental breakfast was good, waffle's, fruit, yogurt, bagles etc. During my short stay i found the staff very outgoing and friendly. There is a great hot tub and pool which I did not use, but looked very clean.

Overall I would definitely stay at the Settle Inn again. There is no reason to look for a better hotel as with the Settle Inn you will receive a clean, comfortable, and friendly environment.

Room Tip: If you have a short stay, check hotels.com for the lowest price. I booked online and it was $20 chea...