“Clean, friendly, No elevator :)”

Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Rogers, Minnesota
“Clean, friendly, No elevator :)”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I stayed in the Settle Inn in La Crosse. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. The only problem I had was that the hotel does not have an elevator. I stayed in a second floor room and I had luggage and a cooler and I had to take several trips down the steps to get my stuff in and out of the room. The pool was nice and the hot tub also. Towels in the pool area was a plus. Reserve a first floor room if you have a lot of things. Breakfast was fair-Nothing special. Overall-good value.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank valgarlock

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Marathon
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was an overnite stay for my daughter as we finished our visit down to IA and thru LaX and home. It was an extremely hot and humid streak. I called at about 11am to check on our room and 'no porblem'.We got to the hotel at 3:05pm and was told by a male desk clerk "It's shift change time and I can't get you checked into the room"n***(1st red flag) after a few words and asking for a key to check the room first, we were told he couldn't give us a key as our room wasnt' ready. Another wonderful female desk clerk came to the rescue as well as another empolyee and said yes, it was clean and we could certainly go up and look at it. This was to be an ' allergy' room' at the offer of the gentleman who made the reservation. I didn't see anything to suggest 'allergy'room, there was plenty of dust where the vaccum cleaner doesnt' hit and you have to actually clean it. NO elevator but I wasn't told that on booking and never even thought there wouldn't be an elevator.A nice worker offered to help though he had just checked out. Would not stay here again if didn't have the main floor for that reason. mOther than that, it was ok, and the bathroom worked and the AC worked.Our view was a sandy roof top and uhaul trucks but we were there to visit, so.... Our lock where you swipe the key was broke, the enitre rectangular 'box' was loose and had to wiggle the key to work. The pool was questionable...not kept up like other hotels and could do a much better job here. My duaghter and I itched-alot -after being in it for 30 minutes, so took a shower immediately after. The shower head wouldn't move once you turned the water on, os you had ot look at it and try to figure it out, and the water pressure was very low. The hotel does have good shampoo and lotion. Smoky the next morning in the 2nd floor hallway-noone seemed to care when told. Continental breakfast was so-so. Nothing special.The coffee was good. Overall, I would probably not stay here again unless I had a ground floor that was cleaned well. no elevator for a hotel is not a good thing. And to not check in at 'shift change"? We travel alot and have NEVER been told that before. I suspect that is due to laziness and nothing else. We changed our 2 nite stay to 1 nite and went home the next day.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jaden6WI
King City, California
Reviewed July 3, 2011

The rate was cheap; the rooms were large and included a fridge and the motel offered a free breakfast with a wide variety of food and beverages. There was an indoor heated pool and spa with an adult hour each evening. Can't beat it for the price!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aliwohlgemuth
RSNorth, General Manager at Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Thank you for staying with us in scenic La Crosse. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your compliments on to the staff. These comments make it all worth doing. Have a great day. Hope to see you again, soon.
Ajijie
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The staff was friendly and the service was excellent.
The breakfast was much nicer then most .
Good job over all.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dalebmartin
RSNorth, General Manager at Settle Inn & Suites La Crosse, responded to this review, June 18, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. It is always our goal to have our guests enjoy their stay and it is a bonus when they let others know about us. So thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.
Midwest
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I come up to LaCrosse each August for the Irish Fest and I have to say, I've always been very pleased with the service and accommodations. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the rooms are some of the very cleanest of places I've stayed over the years. Picnic tables outside are a nice touch during the summer months, great place to drink a cup of coffee and read the newspaper, it's nice and quiet.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank solotraveler3000
Omaha Area
Reviewed April 10, 2011

This hotel advertised miracle pillows - they aren't anything to write home about for sure - beds were a bit hard - lots of tv channels - but room was very small - and wallpaper was pealing off in several places in the bath - closet space is very small too - fire alarm went off twice while there - that will scare you a bit - breakfast was just average so we ate out 2 of the 3 mornings - choices were limited and some items that they offered the previous days were gone on the 3rd. A smell of smoke as you entered the lobby - pool and spa were nice - workout center was small - business center was by front door - so you got a draft when working there, plus others could see what you were doing or who you were writing - not private at all - front desk folks were helpful and polite so that was a plus - in room internet was at a very low setting and often difficult to get onto and sustain

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
harmony MN
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I can't think of a single criticism. maybe the room was a tad small, but it ain't the penthouse! Very courteous staff. My TV remote didn't work: a pleasant young man was at the door in about 2 minutes. Nice pool, and a wonderful "continental" breakfast. The SOS was better then the army!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple