“Pleasant Stay - Nice Staff”

Motel 6 La Crosse WI
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Waterloo, Iowa
“Pleasant Stay - Nice Staff”
Reviewed October 30, 2010

My wife and I stayed for one night. At check in Richard, the check in guy, was on the phone with a potential customer but checked me in at the same time without talking to me. I did not mind. I thought that was a neat way to do it since I don't like waiting. After I unloaded our luggage, I got to my room and my wife informed me Richard called and apologized that he was on the phone and did not get a chance to talk. I thought that was very considerate and a nice gesture. If you are looking for clean hotel with a nice staff at a affordable price the Howard Johnson is a good option. We will stay there again the next time in town.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Several years back I stayed at this hotel (when it was Exell Inn). I stayed there because it was always clean, offered a Continental (yes, Continental - NOT a full breakfast), pleasant personel, good restaurants within walking distance and, as a single youngish gal, I felt safe. As I write this I am sitting in a clean well-cared for room with working A/C, coffee pot and tv - don't forget the free wifi. It's been several years since my last stay so, of course, I took a quick peek at the room before paying. And it was EVERYTHING I had hoped for. As soon as I sign off I am taking a walk to the front desk for a complimentary cup of coffee. It will be in the thermoses next to the blanketed cereal container. Blanketed so that kids and probably adults won't go up and help themselves all day long. Some of the complaints I have read about on here happens in the BEST and MOST EXPENSIVE hotels. So I really can't even tell you that you get what you pay for. Mistakes, less than acceptable service, leaks, someone walking by who makes you uncomfortable or whatever can happen anywhere. As for the so called missing ammenities - well, you probably know my answer to that . . . . Yup, for this - you get what you pay for. And just FYI - I don't work at or own the LaCrosse HoJo's, nor am I related to anyone who does. « Hide

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank immystified
Meadowlands, Minnesota
Reviewed September 10, 2010

we experienced super service at the hotel including the front desk and the maids!!!
I would have liked a queen size bed but didnt ask for one assuming it wasnt part of the package.
location is great. off main drag and close to some really nice resturants or a few mile drive to downtown ( a must see)
shower was great, breakfast was great and mostly always in stock or getting filled, computer was always available, workout room had updated machines ( just didnt feel the need)
tv needed some volume solution and maybe a more comfortable chair in the corner
WOULD STAY AGAIN WHEN WE ARE IN THE AREA ( we travel alot)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rubymk
Madison, WI
Reviewed August 29, 2010

The hotel is a very basic hotel. The rooms were a decent size with plenty of room for two people. The hotel has free WiFi, but it was pretty slow one of the days we were there. I was a bit disappointed in the selection at breakfast. I got to the breakfast area towards the end of serving time one day, and the pickings were very slim. It's as if the attendant did not want to restock with 30 minutes left until the end of breakfast.

The hotel is easy to find and is in a convenient location.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Lake Mills, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Yeah this is what you will get if you use hotwire 2 star hidden deal. Don't do it!!! We stayed 3 nights and hve the welts to prove it! Breakfast was incomplete one morning - they had the cereal covered with a blanket. Homeless people all around.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank fceteacher
H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
It is an unfortunate reality that bed bugs are becoming a very big problem in our nation due to the increase of world travelers. This affliction has hit the motel business especially hard, and this infestation is taking place in every category of vacation properties from Two-Star to Five-Star rated accommodations.

All travelers should be aware of the exponential increase of bed bug infestations that are plaguing hotels, motels, and hostels.

I am sorry that you experienced a break out of bed bugs at my property. You will receive a full refund for the inconvenience. I also apologize that breakfast was less than a true culinary experience and poorly presented. Only with feedback like this can we truly strive for a better experience for our guests.

Travelers are raving about these La Crosse hotels

Fremont, Nebraska
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stayed several nights: The staff was friendly and helpful, clean -quiet rooms. Location: very easy to get to, just off the interstate. Walked 1/2 block to a scrumptious place to eat - home cooking! Within 1 block of shopping, pharmacy and fuel. The only thing missing for a stay of several days was a refrigerator!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NEfun
Trinidad, CA
Reviewed June 8, 2010

This is a basic motel -- no frills at all -- but it has everything you need for a comfortable stay. The bed was good, the shower was wonderful, and even though we knew there were kids and dogs down the hall from us, it was really quiet and we slept well. It's a little further from downtown than I would have liked, but I saved $40 by driving 2 1/2 miles, so that works out, in my mind. An elevator would have been nice, but we only had to walk one flight, and we could have stayed on the ground floor if that was really an issue.

Jason at the front desk was friendly and gave us a heads-up on a fantastic restaurant in town, Piggy's, that really surprised us.

This was my first experience in a HoJo's and it was definitely a good one.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kjw18
, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
Dear Guest,

We here at the Howard Johnson Hotel of La Crosse sincerely thank you for your praise of our services! It was an honor and a pleasure to provide them for you. I am personally pleased to hear that my suggestion of the restaurant, Piggy's, was met with satisfaction! Please keep us in mind as your hotel destination whenever you are in the Coulee Region!

Thanks again for your patronage!
Jason J. Robertson