All reviews howard johnson facial tissue older tv room was clean family restaurant clean place to stay next morning flat screen sized bed would stay here again free coffee great rate exercise room in town staff was very friendly riverside park microwave
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

“Stink, stank, stunk.” Comfortable bed, shower fine. But the stench of mildew/mold was overpowering, and cancelled out any positive aspects of our stay in this room (#138). It was actually difficult breathing in there and had to keep window open on a warm night. I have stayed in Motel 6’s all over the country, and have usually been quite satisfied, or wouldn’t keep booking there. Not a good experience.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Dear Russell, Thank you for sharing your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

The room was clean and inexpensive. It was convenient to many places in the area. However, they have no tissues. They told us it is not in their budget. The hallway carpeting was sopping wet, though they did have a "Wet Floor" sign down. The walls are pretty thin as you could hear voices in the hallway, the adjacent rooms, and upstairs.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Cetibrain, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2018

Stayed there for my daughters nationals and traffic was 2 1/2 miles from downtown was close enough and cheap enough There was a Pizza Hut right next-door that you could walk to and it was right on the main road

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed April 6, 2018

When I arrived, the Front Desk Representative greeted me quickly and the check-in process was quick and pleasant. She explained my charges and told me a little bit about available dining in the area. There were no billing surprises; I received exactly what I had reserved.

This is an economy motel. While the age of the property was noticeable, both the common areas and my room appeared well cared for.

My room had a king sized bed, a work desk, a flat screen television, a microwave, a refrigerator, and a lounge chair. The furniture and amenities showed age, but were clean and in good repair. The bed was comfortable; the mattress was by all means well within its life cycle.

The refrigerator was a little noisy, and seemed to be running constantly. Personally, I didn't mind this all that much. Nonetheless, other guests may be disturbed by this. As a hospitality industry professional myself, at the property I staff, I would expect an inefficient appliance to be replaced. Contrasting this, the property I staff is an upper scale property with an upper scale price point. The property I'm reviewing is an economy class motel.

The bed linens and towels were clean and were well within their life cycle.

Complimentary coffee in the morning was a nice touch.

I found the level of noise from both within and without the property to be reasonable. It wasn't excessively quiet, but I didn't notice a level of noise that I would consider startling or uncomfortable.

Overall, the room was clean and was maintained well. For what I would expect of a Motel 6 experience, my expectations were exceeded.

As a chain, most Motel 6 motels (all, perhaps) do (or don't do) certain things in order to keep economy prices on point. For example, you'll want to bring your own shampoo and conditioner; you should not expect the motel to provide these. Facial tissue; same thing. You may or may not find an alarm clock in your room; plan accordingly (or, you know, bring your cellular phone). I didn't go in to this stay expecting these types of amenities to be present. You shouldn't either.

Items preventing a five-star review (set your expectations accordingly):
- Internet was present and consistent, but slow. Do expect to be able to check your e-mail and do some basic browsing; do not expect to be able to stream your favorite online content or play online games.
- There was very little accessible power for my devices. The power strip I coincidentally had in a box in my car came in handy.
- I'm hung up on that noisy refrigerator. Thinking as a guest; not such a big deal. Thinking as a hospitality industry professional; it drives me crazy. The property has done some logical things to improve energy conservation and efficiency (replacing light bulbs with florescent or LED, for example). Replacing inefficient appliances reduces energy costs, and, in the long term, saves money (and does a little more to help save this dying planet).

As with any property, your mileage may vary. My overall expectations were exceeded on this stay.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2018

Older hotel but very comfortable and roomy room. The bed was hard for my liking but my spouse said he liked it. Microwave and frig in room. Coffee and juice in the morning. Very nice desk people they where poliet.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business