“Good for a night stay”

Motel 6 La Crosse WI
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Owatonna, Minnesota
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The service staff at the hotel was great to work with. We came in at 11pm and got checked into our room in record time. The room was so-so and the bed was really uncomfortable, you could feel every spring and major depression in the middle (rm 241) .
Place needs major updating but overall good value for the buck.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for sharing and I appreciate you letting me know how you felt about the staff! We are very close to updating our property. I believe within 6 months to a year all rooms will have new beds and TVs along with new lighting, carpeting, etc. As we get closer the staff and I are getting excited! Hope to see you after the renovation.

Willow Springs
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is a nice hotel for the money. The location is good, near downtown and not far off the highway. Staff is friendly and helpful. Room was just ok. Long walk through the hotel to get to my room. It does need updating, old furniture and no comfortable chairs in the room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to share Thomas and I appreciate what you shared about the staff. I do agree that we have a great location. I also agree that we need to update the property. It's starting to look like those much needed updates are just around the corner. We are looking forward to it and hope to see you after we finish.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I've been staying at the Howard Johnson's every other week since March and the staff is amazing. They remember who I am, remember what rooms work best for me and my family, and even have returned personal amenities forgotten at the previous visit. The hotel is older in decor and furnishings, but we have never had any issues with cleanliness or function. I recommend this hotel in terms of price, additional features like free wifi and breakfast, and the staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thanks for taking time to share and thank you for the recognition you gave to the staff. I will share your review with them. I know they realize we are behind in updating the property but I think that motivates them to do their best in service and cleanliness to make up for it. They will be pleased to read your review. Thanks again,

La Crosse
Reviewed July 22, 2014

From Del, in Fond du Lac, WI
Room was very clean--Bed in 218 is one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in, even better than at home--Breakfast before 6am, great--Fit our needs
very well--Location real good, easy access from I 90, 53 & 35-- Downtown easy--Excellent Family Restaurant next door !!--Friendly staff--Thank You !!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
It was great to read your review this morning Delmar! Thanks for writing and I'll share it with the staff today. Hope to see you again.

wisconsin
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Was trying to save a little money and earn reward points so we booked here. Check in was fine. Room 212 had a funky smell. Later found that the window ledge is warped and wall paper peeling off wall by window because it got wet. Air conditioner was there and blowing funky smell probably from mold. First night had to ask for drug because there wasn't one in the room like booking said. Person had one there within 10 minutes. Bathroom was clean but stuff on bedroom ceiling I don't want to think about. Every time we flushed the toilet the first night it squealed loudly as it refilled. Windows open but covered in dust/dirt and cob webs. Parking spots are at a premium if you go out until later. Not horrible experience but probably not coming back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank twstdsstr
H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I don't understand your statement, "First night had to ask for drug because there wasn't one in the room." I'm glad you didn't find drugs in the room ha ha. Anyway, I hope you found your room clean and the staff friendly. I will have maintenance look at the air conditioner. Thanks for letting me know about it. Anytime you find a motel room unsatisfactory, please do not hesitate to let the front desk know so they can find you a new room. Hope to see you again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these La Crosse hotels