“A mixed bag at first with a favorable outcome.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6

Motel 6
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Delray Beach, Florida
“A mixed bag at first with a favorable outcome.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We arrived after a 12 hour drive, and went to get a burger and beer at my son's new bar/grill. We proceeded to eat, drink and be merry, and returned to our room after 1 a.m. We were tired and so ready for sleep until I pulled back the bed covers and observed one rather large, live ant. Further investigation revealed an entire army parading around the air conditioner/ window area. The night employee was hardly perturbed, and mentioned that there had been a problem with that room before and he was surprised it persisted. We did get a new room, bug free, although the ewwwness of the bugs ruined a good night sleep. The next morning, at 9:10, the breakfast which was supposed to be over at 9:30, was in need of replenishing. The day employee was a little snippy when I requested such, however, proceeded to get it done. Later I explained to her that the buggy room had already ruined my opinion of this property, and withe the breakfast thing, now this is two strikes. We had a conversation which culminated in her apologizing, smiles and a refund for a night's stay. In the end, A day after checking out, we were one phone charger short. A drop in at the hotel turned up the charger, secured in a labeled plastic bag. As I sad, a mixed bag, however, resolved pleasantly and with recovery of my property.
Shift happens when you travel, and if issues can be resolved satisfactorily for both business and customer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Wow! It is great news reading how both the night auditor and the morning front desk manager helped turn bad issues into a pleasing resolve. Believe me they get a lot of practice. When working in the hospitality business they get pulled in every direction. Delivering extra pillows, having to memorize the entire TV Channel Guide so to be ready when a guest wants their favorite program - Ha ha. But the best part is they do not complain as they are in this line of work because they enjoy people. The fact that I have a staff that enjoys working with people is the ingredient of bringing resolve when issues arrive. Thanks for sharing,

Rodney A. Piotraschke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I decided to take a little road trip and after reading previous posts on tripadvisor we decided to give this hotel a try...the wyndham rewards program worked well for us here in that the points needed per night were extremely favorable...Coffee was always available at the front desk area and our room was very quiet..The breakfast was good and to be honest we felt like we were being treated as royalty...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
I was really pleased to read how well the staff treated you! Thanks for sharing and I'll share your review with the rest of the staff.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

So, we booked with Hotwire and got the room for about $50. It was rated well by previous bookings and all we needed was a clean bed and hot shower. It was fairly clean, but it was a bit rough. The furnishings are dated and the location is between a U-Haul lot and Pizza Hut on the outskirts of town. Would I stay here again, probably not. But I did prove that I can still do a 2 star hotel when necessary. No elevator, so consider a bottom floor room (but it is likely to be noisy as the building is dated). I think breakfast was included, but my husband said it wasn't worthwhile. Lastly, I felt a bit anxious about leaving a nice car in the lot...not sure if it was justified...but all ended well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing and I was pleased to read that you found your room clean. La Crosse is an exciting city in the summer and being that we are only a couple minutes from downtown events we do fill up fast. It is intimidating for guests that are traveling through when they have to search for a parking spot. But all-in-all, the four years I've worked at this motel, I've only had to deal with a couple parking lot incidents. I'm glad your stay went well.