$119
$99
$129
$90
Hotels.com
Welch Motel(La Crosse)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
Econo Lodge(La Crosse)
All reviewshoward johnsonfacial tissueolder tvroom was cleanfamily restaurantclean place to staynext morningflat screensized bedwould stay here againfree coffeegreat rateexercise roomin townriverside parkmicrowaveappliances
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have to admit, I was a little skeptical at first. The building looked a bit older. But the room was nice, clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tim Z
H0J0GM, Housekeeper at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

As a staff member of Howard Johnson, I would like to thank you for taking the time to blog. Yes our building is older, but we take great pride in our housekeeping abilities. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. See you next time.

Housekeeper

Mary

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Hotel wasn't anything fancy but it got the job done and it was a heck of a price. Beds were fairly hard but fridge and microwave were nice. Gal at the desk was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Howard Johnson. Our goal is always to please our guests with clean rooms, a hot and cold breakfast as well as superior customer service. I am happy I was able to meet your needs during your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Guest Services

Pam Olson

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The staff was professional and friendly. The problem we encountered with the lack of Hot water was out of their control. With a full hotel and many unhappy customers the staff handled it to the best of their abilities. Large projects like replacing the water heater or boiler should not be done on the busiest week. We stayed at Ho-Jo 9-26 to 9-30 for LaCrosse OctoberFest
The rooms were very small and there was no swimming pool or hot tub but for the cost it was clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stay there again I just hope I could get a hot shower.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your compliments. I am proud of my staff and agree with you that they handle situations in a professional and friendly manner. The circumstances motels face during sell out nights never cease to amaze me. Many hotels have experienced children pulling fire alarms or complete black outs during thunder storms. Moments like these are when one is proud to have a staff that can rise to the occasion and make things right with each guest affected.

Rodney Piotraschke

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Hello - I travel a lot, and when booking this trip and seeing the prices, I was not expecting very much. To my wonderful surprise, the hotel staff were extremely friendly and attentive to any needs, the room was spacious, very clean and comfortable, and had plenty of extra outlets for my electronic devices. The last is a rarity when traveling since most rooms only have extra outlets in the bathroom or on the light on the computer desk if they have one. I ended up having to stay an extra day and although they were almost completely booked, were able to accommodate me in my same room. I will most certainly stay here again when doing business in and around the LaCosse area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

We are extremely happy that your stay was pleasant! Every member of our staff works very hard to make sure our guests are happy and content. We definitely hold true to our “Home Away From Home” motto. We really appreciate you taking the time to write such kind words and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Guest Services

Alexis Johnson

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We rolled into La Crosse after a long day of road-tripping across the Mid-West. The Howard-Johnson is directly off the highway, and didn't mind that we didn't have a reservation. The room was incredibly well-priced, clean, had a good shower (!), and was quiet and comfortable. There aren't many restaurants within walking distance (just a Pizza Hut next door), but downtown La Crosse is a short 5 minute drive away. Breakfast opened at 5am; choice of bagels, muffins, cereal, eggs, coffee and a variety of juices.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest-
Arriving in a city while planning to stay the night can be difficult, especially without a reservation. I am more than pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you in such a way. We appreciate your review and thank you for the wonderful compliments! We hope to see your face in the near future. Thank you.
Guest Service