“Good Night's Sleep”

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
MARINETTE
“Good Night's Sleep”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have to admit, I was a little skeptical at first. The building looked a bit older. But the room was nice, clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank Tim Z
H0J0GM, Housekeeper at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
As a staff member of Howard Johnson, I would like to thank you for taking the time to blog. Yes our building is older, but we take great pride in our housekeeping abilities. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. See you next time.

Housekeeper

Mary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
BEMIDJI
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Hotel wasn't anything fancy but it got the job done and it was a heck of a price. Beds were fairly hard but fridge and microwave were nice. Gal at the desk was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Howard Johnson. Our goal is always to please our guests with clean rooms, a hot and cold breakfast as well as superior customer service. I am happy I was able to meet your needs during your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Guest Services

Pam Olson
WYOMING
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The staff was professional and friendly. The problem we encountered with the lack of Hot water was out of their control. With a full hotel and many unhappy customers the staff handled it to the best of their abilities. Large projects like replacing the water heater or boiler should not be done on the busiest week. We stayed at Ho-Jo 9-26 to 9-30 for LaCrosse OctoberFest
The rooms were very small and there was no swimming pool or hot tub but for the cost it was clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stay there again I just hope I could get a hot shower.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your compliments. I am proud of my staff and agree with you that they handle situations in a professional and friendly manner. The circumstances motels face during sell out nights never cease to amaze me. Many hotels have experienced children pulling fire alarms or complete black outs during thunder storms. Moments like these are when one is proud to have a staff that can rise to the occasion and make things right with each guest affected.

Rodney Piotraschke
SHOREVIEW
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Hello - I travel a lot, and when booking this trip and seeing the prices, I was not expecting very much. To my wonderful surprise, the hotel staff were extremely friendly and attentive to any needs, the room was spacious, very clean and comfortable, and had plenty of extra outlets for my electronic devices. The last is a rarity when traveling since most rooms only have extra outlets in the bathroom or on the light on the computer desk if they have one. I ended up having to stay an extra day and although they were almost completely booked, were able to accommodate me in my same room. I will most certainly stay here again when doing business in and around the LaCosse area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

We are extremely happy that your stay was pleasant! Every member of our staff works very hard to make sure our guests are happy and content. We definitely hold true to our “Home Away From Home” motto. We really appreciate you taking the time to write such kind words and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Guest Services

Alexis Johnson
VANCOUVER
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We rolled into La Crosse after a long day of road-tripping across the Mid-West. The Howard-Johnson is directly off the highway, and didn't mind that we didn't have a reservation. The room was incredibly well-priced, clean, had a good shower (!), and was quiet and comfortable. There aren't many restaurants within walking distance (just a Pizza Hut next door), but downtown La Crosse is a short 5 minute drive away. Breakfast opened at 5am; choice of bagels, muffins, cereal, eggs, coffee and a variety of juices.

Dear Guest-
Arriving in a city while planning to stay the night can be difficult, especially without a reservation. I am more than pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you in such a way. We appreciate your review and thank you for the wonderful compliments! We hope to see your face in the near future. Thank you.
Guest Service

Adam Binash
Cambridge
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Howard Johnson's and were impressed by the efficiency, friendliness, and professionalism of the staff there.,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Howard Johnson in La Crosse, and that the front desk staff met or exceeded your expectations. The front desk staff is always seeking new ways to make peoples stay a more comfortable one, whether they in La Crosse to have fun, or just in for a nights rest. We look forward towards seeing you in the future with the same service that you received on your last visit.

Guest Service

Richard
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed for one night in September on our drive towards Chicago. We booked the room the same day and had no problems with the reservation.

The young male receptionist that checked us in was very efficient, friendly and helpful.

Our room wasn't the biggest but it was clean and comfortable. It also had a small fridge and microwave which were handy. Our room was opposite the entrance to the fitness room, it was a bit noisy at times when guests used the treadmills at close to midnight, you could hear them running from our room. Would be good if the hotel closed the fitness room at a reasonable time so that it didn't interfere with other guests sleeping.

The hotel is sandwiched between a pizza hut and u-haul however, there was no noise from either of these places that interfered with our stay.

The included breakfast needs improvement, very basic 2 cereals, juice, coffee, bagels and French toast. This was not very well stocked and we didn't see anyone replenishing supplies.

All in all our stay was ok and based on the cost good value for the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.
I'm pleased that your overall stay was satisfactory and a good value.
I would like to take this opportunity to address your comments regarding the fitness room and breakfast. The fitness room is open from 6am to 10 pm daily. I have coached the front desk staff to be more attentive to ensure it is not being used after hours. I personally apologize for breakfast not being well stocked. As I was the one working the morning in question. Our normal selection for breakfast is cinnamon glazed french toast, belgian waffles, 2 flavors of bagels, english muffins, boiled eggs, 2 cereals and 3 flavors of juice. We have also extended our breakfast hours from 6 to 9am to 6 to 10am. I appreciate your comments and look forward to your next stay with us

Front Desk Manager