“Cold Showers”

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
WYOMING
“Cold Showers”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The staff was professional and friendly. The problem we encountered with the lack of Hot water was out of their control. With a full hotel and many unhappy customers the staff handled it to the best of their abilities. Large projects like replacing the water heater or boiler should not be done on the busiest week. We stayed at Ho-Jo 9-26 to 9-30 for LaCrosse OctoberFest
The rooms were very small and there was no swimming pool or hot tub but for the cost it was clean and the bed was comfortable. I would stay there again I just hope I could get a hot shower.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your compliments. I am proud of my staff and agree with you that they handle situations in a professional and friendly manner. The circumstances motels face during sell out nights never cease to amaze me. Many hotels have experienced children pulling fire alarms or complete black outs during thunder storms. Moments like these are when one is proud to have a staff that can rise to the occasion and make things right with each guest affected.

Rodney Piotraschke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
SHOREVIEW
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Hello - I travel a lot, and when booking this trip and seeing the prices, I was not expecting very much. To my wonderful surprise, the hotel staff were extremely friendly and attentive to any needs, the room was spacious, very clean and comfortable, and had plenty of extra outlets for my electronic devices. The last is a rarity when traveling since most rooms only have extra outlets in the bathroom or on the light on the computer desk if they have one. I ended up having to stay an extra day and although they were almost completely booked, were able to accommodate me in my same room. I will most certainly stay here again when doing business in and around the LaCosse area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
We are extremely happy that your stay was pleasant! Every member of our staff works very hard to make sure our guests are happy and content. We definitely hold true to our “Home Away From Home” motto. We really appreciate you taking the time to write such kind words and look forward to seeing you in the future!

Alexis Johnson
VANCOUVER
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We rolled into La Crosse after a long day of road-tripping across the Mid-West. The Howard-Johnson is directly off the highway, and didn't mind that we didn't have a reservation. The room was incredibly well-priced, clean, had a good shower (!), and was quiet and comfortable. There aren't many restaurants within walking distance (just a Pizza Hut next door), but downtown La Crosse is a short 5 minute drive away. Breakfast opened at 5am; choice of bagels, muffins, cereal, eggs, coffee and a variety of juices.

Dear Guest-
Arriving in a city while planning to stay the night can be difficult, especially without a reservation. I am more than pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate you in such a way. We appreciate your review and thank you for the wonderful compliments! We hope to see your face in the near future. Thank you.
Guest Service

Adam Binash
Cambridge
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Howard Johnson's and were impressed by the efficiency, friendliness, and professionalism of the staff there.,

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Howard Johnson in La Crosse, and that the front desk staff met or exceeded your expectations. The front desk staff is always seeking new ways to make peoples stay a more comfortable one, whether they in La Crosse to have fun, or just in for a nights rest. We look forward towards seeing you in the future with the same service that you received on your last visit.

Guest Service

Richard
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed for one night in September on our drive towards Chicago. We booked the room the same day and had no problems with the reservation.

The young male receptionist that checked us in was very efficient, friendly and helpful.

Our room wasn't the biggest but it was clean and comfortable. It also had a small fridge and microwave which were handy. Our room was opposite the entrance to the fitness room, it was a bit noisy at times when guests used the treadmills at close to midnight, you could hear them running from our room. Would be good if the hotel closed the fitness room at a reasonable time so that it didn't interfere with other guests sleeping.

The hotel is sandwiched between a pizza hut and u-haul however, there was no noise from either of these places that interfered with our stay.

The included breakfast needs improvement, very basic 2 cereals, juice, coffee, bagels and French toast. This was not very well stocked and we didn't see anyone replenishing supplies.

All in all our stay was ok and based on the cost good value for the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.
I'm pleased that your overall stay was satisfactory and a good value.
I would like to take this opportunity to address your comments regarding the fitness room and breakfast. The fitness room is open from 6am to 10 pm daily. I have coached the front desk staff to be more attentive to ensure it is not being used after hours. I personally apologize for breakfast not being well stocked. As I was the one working the morning in question. Our normal selection for breakfast is cinnamon glazed french toast, belgian waffles, 2 flavors of bagels, english muffins, boiled eggs, 2 cereals and 3 flavors of juice. We have also extended our breakfast hours from 6 to 9am to 6 to 10am. I appreciate your comments and look forward to your next stay with us

Front Desk Manager

Greg Westland
Fostoria, Ohio
Reviewed September 5, 2012

First time I've traveled with my dog and I was pleasantly surprised. Very accomodating hotel. Rooms were clean and though there were pets at the hotel, you would not have known it. Staff was very pleasant during the reservation and check-in process. Great value for budget priced hotel, service was like that of a much higher priced hotel. Nice assortment for free breakfast as well. Only complaint I had was that the HoJo sign from the interstate was hard to read to make sure we were headed the right way.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear valued guest-
I would first of all like to thank you for filling out a Trip Advisor review for our property! We read everyone and take into consideration all the suggestions/comments rather they be negative, or positive.
I am so happy to hear you and your pet enjoyed your stay. We enjoy seeing all the smiles on the pets (as well as the humans)-as they embrace our pet friendly hotel rooms. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of those rooms as well!
Also, if you ever have any questions about our property or directions, call us direct and our staff can help!
Adam
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I enjoyed the stay in the hotel. The people at front desk were very friendly, helpful on city information and with great sense of humor. I personally salute Greg, Rodney and Alexis for the nice reception.
The internet service is relatively weak but its free. However, there is an option of upgrading the speed to premium for a given fee.
Breakfast is OPEN and you can eat muffins, french toast, eggs, different types of flavor juice.
There is no shuttle bus to the hotel. However, there is a Taxi for free. I was a person who was staying there and needed a Taxi from the Airport and they ordered me one!
So great choice and its defiantely not 2 stars (3 stars is correct)

Room Tip: Great Choice to Onalaska and La Crosse Area with safe Parking The hotel is almost 3 stars (Not 2 st...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for the nice blog! I am very pleased that you enjoyed the front desk staff and our awesome manager Rodney. We work very hard to build positive relations with every single guest that stays with us. I love the comment about your transportation needs that we were able to meet. It is our goal to do everything in our power to make your stay pleasant. We do much more than just check in our guests as we love to build relationships, and help everyone to understand that we are here for you. Again we really appreciate the kind words because we put 100% into the hotel and our guests. We hope to see you again!

Alexis Johnson