“Great Choice for a long stay!”

Motel 6 La Crosse WI
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I enjoyed the stay in the hotel. The people at front desk were very friendly, helpful on city information and with great sense of humor. I personally salute Greg, Rodney and Alexis for the nice reception.
The internet service is relatively weak but its free. However, there is an option of upgrading the speed to premium for a given fee.
Breakfast is OPEN and you can eat muffins, french toast, eggs, different types of flavor juice.
There is no shuttle bus to the hotel. However, there is a Taxi for free. I was a person who was staying there and needed a Taxi from the Airport and they ordered me one!
So great choice and its defiantely not 2 stars (3 stars is correct)

Room Tip: Great Choice to Onalaska and La Crosse Area with safe Parking The hotel is almost 3 stars (Not 2 st...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you very much for the nice blog! I am very pleased that you enjoyed the front desk staff and our awesome manager Rodney. We work very hard to build positive relations with every single guest that stays with us. I love the comment about your transportation needs that we were able to meet. It is our goal to do everything in our power to make your stay pleasant. We do much more than just check in our guests as we love to build relationships, and help everyone to understand that we are here for you. Again we really appreciate the kind words because we put 100% into the hotel and our guests. We hope to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Motel 6 La Crosse WI

Reviewed August 9, 2012

First the bad - sandwiched between U-Haul and a fast food place - and no attempt to screen the hotel sides. Room was clean and well-appointed but too small for the appointments so iron and ironing board were in the bathroom, I think - in an odd place anyway. Little microwave and little refrigerator stacked between a dresser and a desk - it looks like a SERIOUS upgrade was done. An okay restaurant quite near. The staff was uniformly helpful and cooperative, polite etc. Good fresh coffee available in the lobby all day, with nice big cups . Breakfast room VERY small but the breakfast was outstanding ... Real variety with hardboiled eggs, peanut butter, toast, etc. I would go there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
H0J0GM, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

We are proud of the complimentary continental breakfast we provide for guests. Our GM insists that we have a wide variety of items for breakfast, from 3 flavors of juice, to fresh fruit purchased at the local grocery store. La Crosse is a very friendly city and most businesses want to be inviting, thus the lack of screening and walls on property lines. Thank you for the compliments regarding our staff. I always enjoy passing on positive reviews to them. We appreciate when guests take the time to post reviews about their stay with us. As this gives us the opportunity to address guest concerns and encourage and recognize staff members with job well done. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you on your next visit

Front Desk Manager

Greg Westland

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I chose this place based on the amenity icons which show an Outdoor pool and spa. Upon checking in, after buying a swimsuit, I was informed there was no pool or spa! They did have rooms with whirlpools for a-lot extra. Needless to say, this was a disappointment. The place was pretty clean and quiet though and not bad for the money. But, the list of amenities is mis-leading.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

I am very sorry to read of the amenity icon error. I am not sure which booklet or website displays the error. Please let me know so I can correct the error. I am happy to read that you found the place clean. If you stay with us again we do offer free swim passes to the YMCA Water Park 8 miles away. If my staff failed to tell you this – your next stay will be free!

Rodney A. Piotraschke

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here one night. Alexis the front desk clerk went out of her way to make us comfortable, changing our room as needed. She was awesome! Went above & beyond. Nice room for the price. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We are extremely happy that we were able to make your stay comfortable. Here at Howard Johnson La Crosse, we love going the extra mile for our guests with no questions asked. Every request is important to us regardless of what it may be. We are very pleased that you would stay here again and hope to see you in the future! Also, thank you so much for the nice complement!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. Greg at the front desk checked us in early the day of our arrival. It was quite hot that day. When we got to our room it was spotless and the a/c was on. Relief!! Coffee in lobby all day. Nice breakfast. All staff very friendly. Highly recommend and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I found motel to be quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
H0J0GM, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

We always appreciate reviews from our guests. (Good or bad) as it provides valuable feed back to encourage our staff to continue providing clean rooms and excellent service. We try our best to accomodate early check-ins whenever possible. I will forward the kind words you have for our housekeeping staff. Im glad you had a pleasant stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

Front Desk Manager

Greg

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed at the Howard Johnson for one night and we will definitely be back when we are in La Crosse!! When we checked in we were greeted by Alexis the NICEST front desk clerk we have ever dealt with. Alexis went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful!! Our room was clean, comfortable and conveniently located. This motel is a great value for the price. Before booking with a third party site call the hotel direct they will give you a great rate! Our stay at the Howard Johnson was great and the best part was getting to meet Alexis!! We will be back due to the great customer service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful words! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and it is GREAT to hear we will be seeing you again. I was so happy to have been able to chat with such awesome guests at our hotel! We really try to be outstanding to every guest and are always there to help with anything you may need. It’s an absolute pleasure to provide 100% guest satisfaction. I always urge guests to please let us know if there are any issues we can help with big or small because we usually can fix it. Anyone is welcome to call our front desk directly to be sure they get what they want right when they walk through our front doors. I really hope that I am working next time we see you!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Howard Johnson in La Crosse for just one night which was all it was probably worth. When we called in for a reservation, the lady on the phone said that the hotel was newly remodeled, but in our room the door was not closing properly and the bathroom door was not ADA compliant. The rooms and breakfast area were small and the breakfast choices were your simple bread, bagels, coffee, milk, juice, ect with french toast and waffles available to microwave. However, the staff was very welcoming and the service was great. Overral, this place is good enough for just one night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

I was glad to read that you found my staff to be very welcoming and the service to be great! I am very proud of my staff. I always thank them for providing five-star service in a two-star property. Thanks for the note on the improper door closure – I wrote up a maintenance request to get it fixed.

Rodney A. Piotraschke