All reviewshoward johnsonfacial tissueolder tvroom was cleanfamily restaurantclean place to staynext morningflat screensized bedwould stay here againfree coffeegreat rateexercise roomin townstaff was very friendlyriverside parkmicrowave
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here one night. Alexis the front desk clerk went out of her way to make us comfortable, changing our room as needed. She was awesome! Went above & beyond. Nice room for the price. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We are extremely happy that we were able to make your stay comfortable. Here at Howard Johnson La Crosse, we love going the extra mile for our guests with no questions asked. Every request is important to us regardless of what it may be. We are very pleased that you would stay here again and hope to see you in the future! Also, thank you so much for the nice complement!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. Greg at the front desk checked us in early the day of our arrival. It was quite hot that day. When we got to our room it was spotless and the a/c was on. Relief!! Coffee in lobby all day. Nice breakfast. All staff very friendly. Highly recommend and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I found motel to be quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
H0J0GM, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

We always appreciate reviews from our guests. (Good or bad) as it provides valuable feed back to encourage our staff to continue providing clean rooms and excellent service. We try our best to accomodate early check-ins whenever possible. I will forward the kind words you have for our housekeeping staff. Im glad you had a pleasant stay with us and look forward to your next visit.

Front Desk Manager

Greg

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed at the Howard Johnson for one night and we will definitely be back when we are in La Crosse!! When we checked in we were greeted by Alexis the NICEST front desk clerk we have ever dealt with. Alexis went above and beyond to make our stay wonderful!! Our room was clean, comfortable and conveniently located. This motel is a great value for the price. Before booking with a third party site call the hotel direct they will give you a great rate! Our stay at the Howard Johnson was great and the best part was getting to meet Alexis!! We will be back due to the great customer service.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful words! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and it is GREAT to hear we will be seeing you again. I was so happy to have been able to chat with such awesome guests at our hotel! We really try to be outstanding to every guest and are always there to help with anything you may need. It’s an absolute pleasure to provide 100% guest satisfaction. I always urge guests to please let us know if there are any issues we can help with big or small because we usually can fix it. Anyone is welcome to call our front desk directly to be sure they get what they want right when they walk through our front doors. I really hope that I am working next time we see you!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Howard Johnson in La Crosse for just one night which was all it was probably worth. When we called in for a reservation, the lady on the phone said that the hotel was newly remodeled, but in our room the door was not closing properly and the bathroom door was not ADA compliant. The rooms and breakfast area were small and the breakfast choices were your simple bread, bagels, coffee, milk, juice, ect with french toast and waffles available to microwave. However, the staff was very welcoming and the service was great. Overral, this place is good enough for just one night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

I was glad to read that you found my staff to be very welcoming and the service to be great! I am very proud of my staff. I always thank them for providing five-star service in a two-star property. Thanks for the note on the improper door closure – I wrote up a maintenance request to get it fixed.

Rodney A. Piotraschke

Reviewed February 2, 2012

It is what you expect for the price you pay: hotel a bit outdated, furnishings showing the age, but clean, quiet, and well located. Staff was friendly, receptionist seemed to be young and inexperienced but manager helped her out. For a one night stay, it was a fair deal, and I appreciate their pet friendly policy. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

I am glad that you were happy with the room rates. We work hard and pride ourselves in making sure every guest's stay is well worth the dollar spent. I also really appreciate the pet friendly policy as I have a small dog of my own. I am very pleased that everything was noticeably clean during your stay. It is a challenge when we have a new employee join our team. The front desk staff has a lot to learn. We take new hires very seriously and make sure that everyone works to the best of their ability. Thank you again very much for your input and we hope to see you again soon!