“Good for one night”

Motel 6 La Crosse WI
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in La Crosse
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Howard Johnson in La Crosse for just one night which was all it was probably worth. When we called in for a reservation, the lady on the phone said that the hotel was newly remodeled, but in our room the door was not closing properly and the bathroom door was not ADA compliant. The rooms and breakfast area were small and the breakfast choices were your simple bread, bagels, coffee, milk, juice, ect with french toast and waffles available to microwave. However, the staff was very welcoming and the service was great. Overral, this place is good enough for just one night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

I was glad to read that you found my staff to be very welcoming and the service to be great! I am very proud of my staff. I always thank them for providing five-star service in a two-star property. Thanks for the note on the improper door closure – I wrote up a maintenance request to get it fixed.

Rodney A. Piotraschke

There are newer reviews for Motel 6 La Crosse WI

Reviewed February 2, 2012

It is what you expect for the price you pay: hotel a bit outdated, furnishings showing the age, but clean, quiet, and well located. Staff was friendly, receptionist seemed to be young and inexperienced but manager helped her out. For a one night stay, it was a fair deal, and I appreciate their pet friendly policy. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 21, 2012

I am glad that you were happy with the room rates. We work hard and pride ourselves in making sure every guest's stay is well worth the dollar spent. I also really appreciate the pet friendly policy as I have a small dog of my own. I am very pleased that everything was noticeably clean during your stay. It is a challenge when we have a new employee join our team. The front desk staff has a lot to learn. We take new hires very seriously and make sure that everyone works to the best of their ability. Thank you again very much for your input and we hope to see you again soon!

Guest Services

Alexis Johnson

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Recently my husband and I stayed with our 2 kids. I was greeted by a very friendly cleaning crew. My room was spotless. I stayed there for a week and my husband and I always came to a clean, aired out room, the sheets were crisp and clean. The breakfast was hot and plenty of it. We were in need of extra towels and I forgot my deoderent and Mary was more than happy to get me one. I would recommend this place to any parent, quiet, clean and a kid friendly enviroment. Upper mangement, should concinder a pool!!! Also, the rollawys were new and very comfy for the 3 year old!! Heres to Mary the cleaning lady for our spotless room, Go Mary!!! We will be back soon and requesting your professionalism.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jenny59973
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We have an excellent housekeeping staff here at the Howard Johnson, we receive a ton of compliments on their work and friendly personalities. Unfortunately there are no plans for a pool in the works, but we try our best to be as accommodating as possible to families. We are always happy to provide our guest with a free swim pass to our local YMCA pool. We would be honored to have you and your family stay with us again. Thank you for your compliments and kind words, we always love to hear what our guests think.

Guest Services

Tony Berg

Reviewed September 20, 2011

This Howard Johnson is ok for a night stop over, but not anymore for me. The room is small, no refrig/microwave, and since we live on the road, thats essential for us. Like I said ok for a one night stop over. The rate I paid $ 84.00 for a one double bed, I thought that was pretty high for this very simple, basic room. Room did appear clean, and I checked everything, it is dated a little but didnt really fine no issues with the workings of everything. The front desk staff were very helpful and pleasant! Would I stay here again, probably not due to the actually size of room and layout.

Room Tip: Try to get the biggest room and/or suite they have available. Basic rooms are very small.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank bkapink
H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Thank you for the compliments of clean rooms and friendly staff. The Howard Johnson La Crosse staff loves to hear those words, as this is what they strive to achieve every day!

Motel rates are based on room availability. As less rooms are available the rate goes up. Perhaps you stayed with us on a busy evening. If you are ever in the area again and are able to call ahead, we do offer special corporate and commercial trucker rates, etc. as long as we are aware. Advance reservation will also increase the chances us being to accomodate your need for a microfridge, as 80% of our rooms have them.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and would be happy to better accomodate your needs in the future!

Rodney A. Piotraschke

Reviewed September 6, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 9 weeks and I was extremly happy with the Hotel, the price, the service. I travel alot and stay in another hotel a block away and the place was more expensive but in was not as nice as the Howard Johnson Lacrosse Wi.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank eantripp
H0J0GM, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Howard Johnson La Crosse, we thank you for your stay and positive words! We are extremely pleased you were happy with your stay, as well as our staff! Our friendly front desk staff are always here to help and readily available with information and input- from local dining to scenery- and we hope when you return to the area you will allow us to accommodate you again!

Reviewed August 9, 2011

I stayed here with my two teenage daughters for a weekend leisure trip. I was pleasantly surprised by the amenities provided by this budget motel. Nice soaps/shampoo, coffee in the room, and the TP and tissues were good quality. This place wasn't sparkling clean or updated, but it's comfortable and surprisingly quiet. In fact, quieter than many mid-level hotels we've stayed. The front desk staff was very polite, and offered that if we found that we'd forgotten to bring any toiletries, we should call them, as they have replacements available. USA Today available in the lobby. We didn't sit down to eat breakfast in the morning, but were able to grab a wrapped muffin in the lobby at check out. More than enough!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank dannolisa
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

We are glad that you and your lovely family enjoyed your stay here in La Crosse and we are honored that you chose to stay with us. Do come again and if you ever need an activity to do in while in La Crosse, one of our friendly concierge desk staff would be more than happy to set you up. Thanks!

Guest Service

Dennis Campos

Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husand and I stayed here after a concert. It was a Priceline bid so I guess we got what we paid for this time. Very small and basic room, had one double sized bed, I would at least expect a queen! The room was OK, definately could see the age in some of the furniture, flooring, A/C unit etc. The plus, the room did have a microwave and fridge. Otherwise nothing spectacular.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mbberven
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

"Thank you so much for staying with us at Howard Johnson, La Crosse!
Priceline is a great website to find lodging and other accommodations. I highly recommend verifying your reservation with the property after booking online, in case room upgrades are desired - our staff loves to please the guests! As I write this, measurements are being taken to resolve the carpeting issue that guests have commented about. Its voices like yours that help us get things done, and I cannot thank everyone enough for the candid blogs."

Guest Service