All reviewshoward johnsonfacial tissueolder tvroom was cleanfamily restaurantclean place to staynext morningflat screensized bedwould stay here againfree coffeegreat rateexercise roomin townstaff was very friendlyriverside parkmicrowave
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 9 weeks and I was extremly happy with the Hotel, the price, the service. I travel alot and stay in another hotel a block away and the place was more expensive but in was not as nice as the Howard Johnson Lacrosse Wi.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank eantripp
H0J0GM, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Howard Johnson La Crosse, we thank you for your stay and positive words! We are extremely pleased you were happy with your stay, as well as our staff! Our friendly front desk staff are always here to help and readily available with information and input- from local dining to scenery- and we hope when you return to the area you will allow us to accommodate you again!

Reviewed August 9, 2011

I stayed here with my two teenage daughters for a weekend leisure trip. I was pleasantly surprised by the amenities provided by this budget motel. Nice soaps/shampoo, coffee in the room, and the TP and tissues were good quality. This place wasn't sparkling clean or updated, but it's comfortable and surprisingly quiet. In fact, quieter than many mid-level hotels we've stayed. The front desk staff was very polite, and offered that if we found that we'd forgotten to bring any toiletries, we should call them, as they have replacements available. USA Today available in the lobby. We didn't sit down to eat breakfast in the morning, but were able to grab a wrapped muffin in the lobby at check out. More than enough!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank dannolisa
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

We are glad that you and your lovely family enjoyed your stay here in La Crosse and we are honored that you chose to stay with us. Do come again and if you ever need an activity to do in while in La Crosse, one of our friendly concierge desk staff would be more than happy to set you up. Thanks!

Dennis Campos

Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husand and I stayed here after a concert. It was a Priceline bid so I guess we got what we paid for this time. Very small and basic room, had one double sized bed, I would at least expect a queen! The room was OK, definately could see the age in some of the furniture, flooring, A/C unit etc. The plus, the room did have a microwave and fridge. Otherwise nothing spectacular.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mbberven
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

"Thank you so much for staying with us at Howard Johnson, La Crosse!
Priceline is a great website to find lodging and other accommodations. I highly recommend verifying your reservation with the property after booking online, in case room upgrades are desired - our staff loves to please the guests! As I write this, measurements are being taken to resolve the carpeting issue that guests have commented about. Its voices like yours that help us get things done, and I cannot thank everyone enough for the candid blogs."

Adrian O'Dell

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Found this hotel to be clean and the front desk service to be excellent.

You have to get down to breakfast early as showing up near 9am there wasn't much left both days we were there.

Overall, no complaints. This is a budget hotel and the rooms were in good shape, air conditioning was solid, and rooms were updated. Hotel provides free Wi-fi and there is a Pizza Hut next door for late night dinner.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank gophertravel
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2011

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property. I apologize that there was little food left toward the end of breakfast. Being I’ve seen this same comment in the past regarding 9AM I will extend our breakfast hours to 10AM. We have been coaching the staff to try and keep the food waste to a minimum. I will be addressing the food levels during breakfast with my morning staff, to ensure a sufficient quantity of food is available throughout the breakfast period. I'm always pleased to hear compliments regarding service received by our guest from our front desk. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate all reviews negative or positive. However it’s always enjoyable to go over positive reviews with the staff, and discuss ways to further enhance our guest experience.

Greg Westland

Reviewed July 30, 2011

We enjoyed our 2 night stay at Howard Johnsons. We had the king suite and it was very clean and comfortable. The staff were nice and they had a very good breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Norene S
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Thank you for taking time to send us your feedback about your stay. We are very pleased to hear that it was an enjoyable experience for you and hope you were able to see everything LaCrosse has to offer. Howard Johnson is grateful for replies like yours, it helps us become more innovative and by that, we become more successful thanks to customers like you.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and if you travel through in the future, feel free to ask our Front Desk staff about the attractions and proactive events in this area. We hope to see you soon!

Emily Mollet