$127
$42
$139
$118
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

$79
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

$129
GrandStay
$110
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $129/night.

Econo Lodge(La Crosse)
$50
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $68/night.

$90
Welch Motel(La Crosse)(Great Value!)
$55
Orbitz.com
All reviewshoward johnsonfacial tissueolder tvroom was cleanfamily restaurantclean place to staynext morningflat screensized bedwould stay here againfree coffeegreat rateexercise roomin townriverside parkmicrowaveappliances
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We were in town for a wedding and needed an early check-in. They were very accommading and let us check-in early. I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jelietz
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2011

Thank you for staying with us. We do hope that the wedding went well and that you were able to enjoy other things La Crosse has to offer during this beautiful time of the year. We are proud of our housekeeping staff as well as our front desk for keeping things ship-shape so you were able to check in, early. We look forward to being your primary choice of stay on your next visit to La Crosse! Thank you!

Dennis Campos

Reviewed April 8, 2011

Mary had our room spotless and cleaned to perfection, I am a goverment employee and travel alot to differnt hotels, this smells very clean and the room is clean and well kept. Hats off to the housekeepers there!...

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jenny59973
H0J0GM, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Thank you! We are so lucky to really have some of the housekeepers as a part of our staff here at HOJO of La Crosse. Please don't be a stranger and pay us another visit next time you're in town. Thanks!

Reviewed March 15, 2011

We have been looking or a nice, affordable place to stay when we come to town to visit family. This place was disgusting. The whole hotel smelled of smoke and urine. The rooms were dirty, beds hard, carpet smelled and the linens didn't look as though they had been cleaned. We almost left right after checking in. The hotel walls where so thin, I could have held a conversation with the guests upstairs. (By the way, they were partying until 6:00am) Throught the night, I could hear the guests upstairs actually urinate into the toilet. Again, disgusting. If were didn't have little children that we sleeping, we would have left during the night. Neither myself or my husband slept. When I checked out EARLY that next morning, I mentioned that it was loud the night before and was given the responce "yeah, it was a little loud last night wasn't it."

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SaraGasper
H0J0GM, General Manager at Motel 6 La Crosse WI, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2011

Wow, I am very sorry to read of your experience. I was a bit surprised as I usually hear that my property has clean rooms and a friendly desk staff which I pride myself in. I had to do a bit of research to find out what happened so I could make this right.

First, I discovered that you were right. We had a sellout weekend due to a tournament in town and even my housekeepers complained about the drinking, vomit and trashed rooms.

I wanted to blame my desk staff for not controlling the noise but immediately realized this was my own fault for leaving my property understaffed on a sell out weekend. This was an unexpected sell out and I was not ready for it.

Again, I am very sorry that you had a bad experience at my motel. I’m sure you noticed your refund a few weeks ago. We are rolling into our summer sell out season and I spent the last few weeks interviewing and hiring outstanding summer help employees.

Thank you for not being silent. Managers need to hear these comments and guests deserve our best. When I first read your blog, I felt you were being unfair. But once I researched what happened, I was thankful that you brought this to my attention.

Rodney A. Piotraschke

Reviewed December 26, 2010

I was at HoJo everytime i've been to LaCrosse. for me, it was a home away from home. The rooms are clean everyday you walk in after you get back from work or a meeting. I felt refreshed everyday coming back there. Best part being the Breakfast. I haven't seen such a good breakfast even in good hotels. The best Customer service out there i'd say.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank sasankpns
Reviewed December 16, 2010

Hotel is clean clean CLEAN! GM sets the tone, friendly but business like, staff seems like a great team, almost a family, everything is taken care of in a relaxed but professional way. And this, during the worst snowstorm in many years, with stranded travellers, etc. . "no problem" attitude!
Location is perfect for business or recreation in the area, no airport noise, but close enough for easy access. When I got in the rental car booths were closed, but I called them and they dispatched a cab, not for free of course since they don't have their own shuttle, but a discount rate. It was about halfway from the new growth areas (Onalaska, hwy 90 businesses) and older classic La Crosse midtown and downtown to the south. Breakfast was exceptional value, not just the usual soggy packaged sweet roll and instant coffee many hotels call 'continental breakfast! They have fresh coffee, decaf and regular, which they also keep at the front desk area 24 hrs a day... toasted foods like bagels and cream cheese, toast, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, juices, milk, even biscuits and gravy one day. Rooms were cleaned promptly every am and left like new. I can't recommend Howard Johnson La Crosse highly enough, in this day and age where a lot of people even lucky enough to be working act like they don't care at all what kind of job they do, it is really encouraging to see a place with people really doing their best.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business