“My Favorite rib place in La Crosse”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #46 of 202 Restaurants in La Crosse
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Eagan, Minnesota
“My Favorite rib place in La Crosse”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We go here EVERY time we visit. Even our grandkids love the place (although they can't handle the spicier sauces). The Wilber Beans are the best.

Visited May 2014

Coralville, Iowa
“Loved it”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have been to a Famous Dave's but this was the first time for my fiance and his Dad. We got the platter that fed two-three people and it was delicious! They were worried about not having enough food but there was plenty to take for leftovers. We loved the decor there and definitely will be coming back for more! Great atmosphere, friendly services and staff! Thanks guys!

Visited May 2014
La Crescent, Minnesota
“Excellent As Always”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We went to celebrate my husband's birthday last night. We were greeted by Molly, very friendly and welcoming. Sara was our server, we have had the pleasure of sitting in her section before, she is very sweet.

Hubby had the cod, said it was fabulous. I had a hamburger, was delicious as always. Best burgers in town, in my opinion. They treated us to a Kahlua brownie for Hubby's birthday, too.

Great service, friendly staff, excellent food and warm environment. We were very pleased, as always. You can't go wrong with the La Crosse/Onalaska Famous Dave's.

1 Thank Sara K
St. Louis
“Great Service, Very Good Q”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I'd rate the meats a five. Where many Barbecue places fall off with me is the sides. Slaw is very good. The cornbread muffins are more northern sweet style but exactly how I like them. Good sauces. The Potatoe salad is okay as are the beans. They do a great job of serving the customers here. I've been in a couple that are just too loud and noisy.

Visited February 2014
Raleigh, NC
“I'm from the South, and this was great bbq”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I grew up in Texas and currently live in North Carolina, so I'm quite familiar with great bbq. Looking at Famous Dave's from the outside it looks like fast food -- the giant sign by the street and the gimmicky southern/country look. It seems like something you would stop at on a road trip just to get some quick food, but my girlfriend and I decided to go here for lunch anyways.

I will say that we were both pleasantly surprised. The waitress was very nice and quite helpful, and the food came out very quickly. The taste of everything was absolutely great. I very much prefer Texas bbq over Carolina bbq (which is vinegar based) so I wasn't at all disappointed that most of their menu was more Texas/Memphis style. We were both trading food off of each other's plates so that we could try a bit of everything.

I went in expecting fast food but we got way more; we'll definitely be going back before leaving town.

• Visited December 2013