“Friendly, clean and good value”

Buzzard Billy's Flying Carp Cafe
Ranked #3 of 204 Restaurants in La Crosse
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Cajun food with an easy going atmosphere. Food was served hot and service was attentive. Portions are large for dinner, so consider sharing or bringing some home. Fun decor and light atmosphere welcomes families, couples, and large groups.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Four of us went here for lunch. Service was very good considering the place was full. I had a great shrimp po-boy, best I've had in years. The blackened catfish got raves from my companions. This is a restaurant that specializes in Cajun cuisine and they appear to do it quite well. If you are looking for a touch of the Big Easy while in LaCrosse, you definitely want to Check out Buzzard Billy's

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Visited Buzzard Billy's for lunch with friends and while the cajun food was far from the best I've ever had it was ok for the Northern states. The Voodoo Tuna was good but would have used a bit more blackened seasoning, and the accompanying cajun rice was average at best.

1  Thank russminton
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was our first time at Buzzard Billy's and we would absolutely go back. The restaurant was clean, the prices reasonable, and our waitress was friendly and prompt. I had the Louisiana Purchase and my husband ordered the Blackened Trio. We were both really pleased with the food overall, and I especially enjoyed my alligator tail and crawfish. As far as sides go, the French fries were nice and crispy, but I would skip the coleslaw (as it was bland) and the hushpuppies (extremely dense/heavy) the next time we go. Definitely give it a try if you are in the area!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Let's put it this way, when we have friends come in from out of town for the first time this is the place that we take them first. When those friends come back to town, this is the place they always want to come back to. We'd highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a "different" option.

1  Thank Mike K