“Average stay for a supreme price.”
Review of Kohler Waters Spa

Kohler Waters Spa
Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Kohler
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The stay was for an executive weekend and it felt anything but. At 35, I was surprised to be the youngest person there and was treated like a lost teenager at the spa. The spa treatments were wonderful but the spa itself was old and in need of repair and updating. We were told of three different locations that you could and could not eat lunch at the spa - and with just a robe on, getting displaced and walking in-between three floors is not a great solution to a relaxing, private meal. The grounds are beautiful, which makes up for the ho-hum food and stodgy country club atmosphere.

All reviews
"vichy shower"
"high expectations"
"full body"

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The spa was the perfect retreat from winter. Inside it was warm ,quiet, peaceful. The staff are able to accommodate any and all allergies, which was extremely helpful, and are very creative working with a patron's medical conditions. The spa shop had a great assortment of the products used and available for purchase, and the waiting and resting areas were beautiful and made it difficult to tear ourselves away and head back to reality. Will definitely visit again.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is the 3rd time my husband and I have been to the spa@Kohler. The first 2 times I had the Ah-Shiatsu massage by Jennifer (tall blonde/brown hair, quiet). I asked for her again this time when booking my massage when we booked our room. I was surprised to find out that they had not booked me with Jennifer, but JennR instead. Not the same experience at all - it felt rushed and not the spiritual experience that Jennifer gives. When I asked another massage person discreetly if Jennifer still works there I was told yes, but not all the time. When booking Ah-Shiatsu make sure you ask for Jennifer (describing her is best) so that they dont do this switch-eroo.

Overall the spa is nice but over holiday time it was like an assembly line - rushed and not all that special. The Mistle-Toes Pedi was nice but worth $102 including 20% tip? I think not! A pedi should include a great leg and foot massage. This one was more an afterthought and not so great.
Still, an enjoyable experience and the fireplaces are nice to sit by and sip tea in the upstairs waiting area. The downstairs waiting area is weird. Men and women are waiting together in bathrobes and the area isnt that comfortable. The lounge area doesnt have enough lounge chairs and 'tweens are running around in bathtowels barefoot squee-ing loudly. More supervision would be nice.

2  Thank Teri G
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was the second time my wife and I visited the Waters Spa.

In the good, Leslie and Anne were two of the best masseuses that my wife and I have ever had. They were perfect in any way, and didn't fall into the same routine that others can sometimes get into from their training. At one point Anne even gauged that my wife was having a hard time relaxing, and encouraged her to alter her breathing to help. Many other masseuses try well too hard not to break the "fourth wall" in the experience, but she really helped us feel we were being cared for.

My only major complaint is that it's a small space, especially in the locker room. When it's busy, it will feel a bit cramped. When I go to a spa, I tend to like to keep to myself and find a quiet spot to read or relax, but there just isn't that kind of space in the locker rooms.

2  Thank djneko
See more reviews
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I'm not sure where to begin...The spa is beautiful and peaceful with soft yellow and blue tones. The sound of water seems loud at first, but then becomes very soothing. The lounges are comfortable and will lull you into a relaxing nap in short order. The staff is VERY efficient and knowledgeable--the best I have come across--anywhere! The number of spots to relax are almost too many to choose from. My favorite is the lounger by the hottub on the women's side. The steam and sauna are spotless (this is tough to do). The treatment rooms are gorgeous.

Then there are the services...
I love the accoustic bath. But two of the new services have me hooked and I can't decide which is better. The Hollyhock Ritual was amazing with the longest viche shower and scrub. This is followed by a soaking bath and then a 50 minute massage. The treatment also includes a pedicure which I chose to have at a different time (they are accomodating like that when possible). The only critique I would give here, is I wish they could offer an add on of extra time for the massage, 50 minutes just isn't enough...
The next day I did the Hamam service. This incorporates large bowls of warm water gently poured over your body after a good exfoliation. Then your hair is washed and an application of lotion is applied. I can't explain in words how peaceful this service was. I just imagined myself as a queen in ancient times being bathed like this every day--it was almost spiritual.

Truly, you can't go wrong here. Yes, it is very expensive, but it is one of the top 36 spas in the world if I'm not mistaken. So, if you are even considering this spa, just go, you will have no regrets.

1  Thank julieki