“Disappointed with the Seafood Buffet”

Wisconsin Room at the American Club
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Kohler
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Wisconsin Room is a Farm to Table restaurant that serves, breakfast, dinner and Sunday Brunch. It is located in the original Dining Room at The American Club Resort in Kohler, WI. Which is listed below:
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I both love seafood, oysters and raw bars. We had read the advertisements for the Friday Seafood Buffet and watched the clips on the resort television station. We highly anticipated our Friday night meal, but were very disappointed. The seafood offerings were not at all what we were expecting and the quality was not what we had experienced with the rest of the resort. We regret our decision to have dinner at the Wisconsin Room. We'll try the Immigrant Restaurant next time.

1  Thank Mary H

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Overall, the Sunday brunch was very good. My wife rated it great. I marked it down because I thought some of their items weren't fresh - such as the bakery items.

1  Thank alwaysevol000
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had the opportunity to dine at the Wisconsin Room at the American Club recently and had one of the most unique, best, breakfasts ever. My wife and I were at The American Club for some R & R after the holidays and decided to have breakfast in the restaurant as opposed to the room service that we usually order at the AC. Now Ive had the Sunday brunch before at the Wisconsin Room, which is to die for, but Ive never just had a regular meal there.
I ordered the duck confit with sweet potato hash, it was one of the most amazing meals Ive ever had! My wife had pancakes, which were also great. The service was top notch, per usual.
If you have the opportunity I suggest you try this place for breakfast. They create the atmosphere of a fine English manor. My daughters & wife are Downton Abbey geeks so that was kinda fun.

1  Thank GlobalMogul
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I visited the Wisconsin room twice over the Christmas holiday. Once for their afternoon tea and once for Christmas Eve dinner. Both times the service was poor and the food was so so. There are a lot of options for GREAT food in the Kohler and Sheboygan area, I would not waste my time at the Wisconsin room again. If you want fantastic food try the Blind Horse which is a very short distance from the American Club or near the waterfront Stafanos, Il Ritrovo and Margaux are all fantastic.

1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Located in the American club, the Wisconsin Room puts on a wonderful brunch. The variety of food was very well balanced, not just a bunch of pastries and potatoes. Tiffany remember us from two nights before. Nice touch.

1  Thank mjhiii