“Exceptional food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cucina

Cucina
Ranked #4 of 13 Restaurants in Kohler
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Exceptional food”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The mussels were some of the best we've ever had. We enjoyed the scallops and pizza too. Nice ambiance, very attentive service.

Visited May 2014

Chicago
“Molto bene!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

If you're in or near Kohler and fancy Italian food, you won't go wrong at Cucina. The restaurant is in the middle of the Shops at Woodlake strip mall. In fact you'll probably walk right past the hostess stand as you walk through the mall. That's how they roped me and my wife in! Decor is warm and inviting despite the somewhat open location. There's a wall of windows overlooking the lake which was still frozen for our visit. We made a reservation for a Tuesday night. Place was pretty packed thanks to a party of 20+. We enjoyed a table by the window. I had the special wine offering--palazzo belle terra. Excellent. The delicious bread is served with the usual oil and Parmesan AND a roasted garlic clove. Why more Italian restaurants don't serve this simple condiment is beyond me. I ordered the Caesar salad. White anchovies. Yeah baby! Backed up the greenery with the fettuccine special. Had chicken, asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes. Very tasty and not drowned in heavy "gravy." My wife loved her gnocchi. Service was spot on and the prices are reasonable. I imagine the lake is even more appealing in warmer months so request a table with the view if possible.

2 Thank ChiWeather
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Two couples have a nice late dinner.”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had originally only intended to come to Cucina for a night cap, and I am glad we decided to have dinner instead. We started with carpaccio de carne and figs wrapped in prosciutto for our antipasta. The carpaccio was one of the best dishes I ate during our entire vacation, and it amazed and delighted one of my travel companions who had nearly refused to try it. The main entrees were good, but they were outshone by the first and third courses. One of my travel companions listed her mascarpone cheesecake as the highlight of the meal. My tiramisu was excellent, though not the best I have ever tasted. My only disappointment was in a "specialty cocktail" that I ordered. It was called an Italian sunset, and it tasted like nothing more than gently diluted grenadine. I nearly sent it back, but I felt responsible for making a bad selection. The service was excellent, and the complimentary bread service was delightful. The warm roasted garlic is soft, sweet, and simply scrumptious on the freshly baked bread, especially drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with nutty parmesan cheese. Ultimately a good, albeit not amazing, experience.

• Visited March 2014
Franklin, Wisconsin
“Italy in Kohler”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

A wonderful romantic dining experience. The food was outstanding and the wait staff were all very pleasant.

Visited March 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food, nice atmosphere for Birthday celebration”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

As part of a weekend getaway with my wife to Kohler, we scheduled dinner at Cucina Restaurant in the Kohler Village Shopping area. It was a rainy, cold January evening and the horse-drawn carriage ride looked a bit miserable, so we took the free shuttle from the American Club over to the restaurant. We arrived just a few minutes early, but the hostess seemed a bit disoriented with what we had arranged, i.e. birthday celebration, please seat us by the windows looking out over the (frozen) lake. She tried to seat us at a nice table in the center of the romantically lit dining room, but was quick to put us at a window-side table when we requested it. We realized later the table they probably had reserved for us, with a better window-front view, was still seated and a couple just finishing up.
We enjoyed the table we got, and the arrangement of the room gave us plenty of space and not too close to other tables and conversations. The lighting was romantic and the table beautiful. The server was pleasant, but somewhat unfamiliar with the specials and the wine choices.
I was very excited to find the New Glarus Spotted Cow Beer on draft!
We ordered a prosciutto wrapped date with goat cheese and balsamic reduction appetizer, and it was amazing- explosive flavor and generous portions! The Capellini with Chicken and pesto sauce was delicious, and my wife enjoyed the shrimp and mussels pasta special.
The restaurant brought out a complementary dessert for my wife's birthday, and we had a wonderful time.

• Visited January 2014

Been to Cucina? Share your experiences!