“Yum yum yum!”

Horse & Plow
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Kohler
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, Virginia
“Yum yum yum!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Nothing at the Horse and Plow was short of perfection. Fun, more casual atmosphere at The American Club. Ate late Saturday night and received excellent service, delicious appetizers, superb food, great drinks..I could go on and on! Highly recommend!

• Visited July 2013

“Disappointing!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We heard that the restaurant was redone, so our group voted to go there for our quarterly get-together. It really didn't seem to be any different than it was previously. We were seated at a long table (there were four couples in our group) and it was difficult to hold a group conversation. The food was high priced for what we got and not worth it, in our opinion. Until I asked the server, who was taking our order, to come to our end of the table, she expected us to shout our order across the table (over two other couples). It was also very noisy in the restaurant. We won't be back, and we are locals!

Merritt Island, Florida
“Had high hopes and left disappointed”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Had read great reviews on this place on here. We were sat quickly but it too forever to get a wait staff to greet us and take our drink order. The drinks took forever and then came to the table wrong. Our server seemed confused the entire time. She took our order after about 40 minutes. There were plenty of servers there walking around so I had a hard time thinking that she was over whelmed with patrons. We ordered the Bison burger and the Horse and Plow burber. All were ordered medium, which was described to us as slightly pink and WARM in the center. ALL the burgers came out rare....not medium rare or medium BUT rare. It was decided to eat the edges of the burgers and get out of there. We were too tired to wait another hour for them to cook our burgers correctly. FYI... they have a great bar there but DO NOT order anything other than beer. You will be disappointed. Several of us ordered martinit's (remember it's a real bar) and they came out with these tiny martini glasses that were 2/3 full. It reminds me of a two for one drink at a chain restuarant. Maybe we came on an off night....not sure. Will come back to Kohler one day but will definatly skip this place.

Canton, Ohio
“*singing* Holy craaaaaaap!!!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I ate at The Horse & Plow late on a Monday evening after getting into Sheboygan for a business trip. My taste buds are still singing!

I had a juicy burger with sweet potato fries that came with a delectable sauce. I believe they said it was thousand island and ketchup. Presentation was pleasing. I also had a good fruity drink with gin, but I'd highly recommend the spotted cow beer if you are in Wisconsin for only a short time. Ahem...they also have table kegs...

One thing was for sure, there was no shortage on televisions for watching sports. We may have been the only women in the building.

Go here. You won't be disappointed.

New York City, New York
“Great burger and sweet-potato fries!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My father and I sat at the bar to watch a game. As my title stated, we were very happy with the food. Our burgers were cooked to the exact temperature requested. The only negative was that the bar TV's need to be adjusted for a lighter picture. Otherwise good choice for watching a game.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Horse & Plow? Share your experiences!