My husband and I stayed at the American Club last fall and very much enjoyed the trails around River Wildlife, the affiliated forest preserve area with restaurant/hunting lodge. But we wanted to figure out a way to bring our large golden retriever. There are virtually no nice places in Kohler or Sheboygan that allow dogs. Enter the Inn on Woodlake that became dog-friendly earlier this year. What a find! For a one-time fee of $75 (for extra cleaning services after your stay), our golden (and if we had a second dog, then the second dog too) was able to stay in a nice very nice hotel room and enjoy all of the American Club amenities, such as the spa, the restaurants, etc. And given that our room was half the rate of the American Club but twice as updated (the bathrooms are MUCH nicer than those in the standard rooms of the American Club), I was pleased as pie. Our well-behaved dog was treated nicely by hotel staff and guests alike, provided with a disposable food and water bowl and a variety of treats. We were even given a nice map with diagrams of suggested walking tours to take with our fuzzy best friend.
Only 3 rooms are dog-friendly at the Inn - all are on the first floor with a sliding door for direct access to the outside (key for dog owners). The rooms either have one comfortable king bed or 2 double beds. I tried negotiating with staff to allow me to stay in a larger suite in exchange for paying a higher price for the dog cleaning, but they wouldn't budge, which was actually fine by me and probably speaks to the integrity of the staff - i.e., they're not going to put a dog-allergic person into a room used by a dog, no matter how much money I was willing to throw at them :-). In actuality, the size of the room just fine - it had a nice corner desk and even a small couch near the window. The large LG flat screen TV on the wall was a great plus. The lighting in the room is much nicer than the lighting in the American Club rooms. Honestly, I would probably stay here again, even if I didn't have our dog with us. The value, the walking-distance proximity to the American Club, the easy access to things like the high-end market in the mall area, and the updated bathroom were all huge pluses to me. Plus, I loved the quiet, understated classiness of the Inn as compared to the more obvious American Club. For someone with high hotel expectations, I totally recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shore of picturesque Wood Lake, this serene 121-room hotel boasts boutique style guest rooms, ample meeting space as well as amenities and common areas for leisure and business travelers. During your stay, visit The Shops at Woodlake located next to the Inn, explore the Kohler Design Center or dine at Cucina Italian restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Inn on Woodlake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Woodlake Hotel Kohler
- Hotel On Woodlake
- On Woodlake Hotel
- Inn On Woodlake Kohler, Wisconsin