“Upscale motel”
Review of Inn on Woodlake

Inn on Woodlake
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kohler
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this property before, and also at The American Club a number of times. We happened to be in the area for a 50th birthday party and chose this over the American Club knowing we would not have much time to spend on site. It is not the American Club, but rather a more reasonably priced alternative with the feel of an upscale motel. The room was nice and bathrooms, being Kohler, are very nice and showcase some of what they have to offer. Our room had a window sill about a foot deep which was badly in need of sanding and painting which kind of surprised me. Other than that, the room seemed adequate and well maintained. Breakfast was included and was decent. There is a resort fee tacked on to cover use of facilities which I don't remember from previous visits. Unfortunately, we did not have time to use any of them this trip. All in all, this was a good choice for the reason we were in town. For a future visit, I think we would choose the American Club itself.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kap929
ShawnKB, Manager at Inn on Woodlake, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear kap929,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am pleased to hear that you found our rooms and building well maintained and enjoyed the showering experience. I appreciate the window sill feedback and am delighted to pass on that we are in process of replacing our window sills with a product which is more tolerate of sunshine.

My hope is you have the opportunity to come back and enjoy some of our wonderful resort amenities in the near future!

Best Regards,
SKBoeldt-Hotel Manager Inn on Woodlake

There are newer reviews for Inn on Woodlake

Reviewed November 30, 2013

For the price it's a great "motel." It has a Courtyard or Residence Inn feel; but nicer staff, bathrooms, toiletries. Guests also have complimentary access to The American Club and Sports Core (via a complimentary shuttle).

It was nice to be able to take my 4-yr-old swimming at Sports Core, but I was really surprised by how dated it is. Looks like it hasn't been updated since early 80s.

Beds and pillows were pretty uncomfortable, but I don't expect much when traveling.

Totally understand others are surprised/disappointed by its proximity to the Shops on Woodlake (stripmall), but i kind of like having something outside my door.

We had a great rate and the service was good for the rate, but wouldn't pay more than $150 for this property, unless i was set on golf or spa and needed a less expensive place to stay.

Unfortunately, I was totally disappointed with the Christmas Tree lighting/festivities. A little music during the day would go a long way. A little more entertainment and store participation would make it a really nice experience.

Also VERY disappointed with Thanksgiving dinner buffet in the Wisconsin Room. Yuck. Had to wait 15 mins for reserved table (not a problem, but with one bartender in the library and no music it wasn't a fun wait.) The buffet itself was terrible; not a real turkey (the sliced turkey "parts") everything else appeared to be purchased at Costco and heated up. No pumpkin pie?! (heated, frozen mini pumpkin pie tartlettes from costco.) Really, the food was terrible. Service was less than great -- couldn't get refills of water, had to get up from the table to chase down server for coffee after dinner. Had lunch today at Blackwolf Run and wish we would've tried it for t-giving dinner.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ajean49

Dear ajean49,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am personally disappointed that your Thanksgiving dinner did not meet your expectations and I have shared this detail with our Chef, including your concern of service. Also, I will make the suggestion of music during the Christmas tree lighting; I agree it would be a wonderful touch and add to the experience. I am pleased to read that regardless of some of your experiences our hotel team did provide you with great service and value.

May you have a joyful New Year!

Best Regards, Shawn K. Boeldt
Hotel Manager -Inn on Woodlake

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Staff at Inn on Woodlake is efficient. Service at Sportscore, Spa, and Whistling Straights is the best. Midwestern hospitality with European efficiency. We visit with the family at least once every year. Never disappointed

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank J W
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I came here instead of the American Club(same owners) because it was less expensive. We were not disappointed.The room was very nice(welcome champagne) and it had an excellent shower and bathroom. Full breakfast was included and it was much better than I expected. There was also free shuttle service and health club privileges. Also there were many outstanding restaurants to choose from for lunch and dinner. It's highly recommend romantic getaway.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Allan Z
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Inn On Woodlake is part of the American Club Resort, in Kohler WI. It's a Kohler Company Hotel, and by definition, you will not be unimpressed. Front desk staff is wonderful, often remembering you and welcoming you back, the hotel is spotlessly clean, and if you get a lake side room, you have a great view of a large back yard putting green as well as Woodlake. Part of Kohler village wraps around this little lake, and it's very beautiful, no matter what season you are visiting. The rooms are very well appointed, with a desk, very comfortable beds, and of course a decked out bathroom with all Kohler fixtures. Don't miss it!

Room Tip: Lake side rooms have the prettiest view. Kohler also has the Water Spa, and if you're into Spas...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff56
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

The inn on Woodlake is a great place to stay. My friend and I came here to enjoy the spa for her birthday and it was great. The staff was nice and friendly. They have shuttle bus service wherever you want to go to at the resort. The only problem was they gave us the wrong rooms. However they did accommodate us by adjusting our bill. We booked the lakeside view rooms instead they gave us the tower room but I must say the tower rooms are big and really nice.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed for a quick one night getaway the staff is welcoming and efficient, upon arrival the lobby is small with two flat screens if you happened to have a dog with you they will have a special welcome message in the lobby for them. Being a dog fan nice touch.
The room is contemporary with sleek lines, comfortable bed, views of the lake or of a hillside, the shower goes without saying is fantastic.
A complimentary breakfast is served with a nice selection, the Chef makes a point of being visible.Suggestion go early to get a table, there is not enough seating for all guests we ended up going to the lobby to sit not a big deal but awkward. The area is well documented, you cannot go wrong being at the Inn if the Club is filled.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hopman_333
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kohler
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
#4 of 11 in Sheboygan
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 11 in Sheboygan

Been to Inn on Woodlake? Share your experiences!