“Great Hotel!!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kohler
New York
“Great Hotel!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Inn On Woodlake is part of the American Club Resort, in Kohler WI. It's a Kohler Company Hotel, and by definition, you will not be unimpressed. Front desk staff is wonderful, often remembering you and welcoming you back, the hotel is spotlessly clean, and if you get a lake side room, you have a great view of a large back yard putting green as well as Woodlake. Part of Kohler village wraps around this little lake, and it's very beautiful, no matter what season you are visiting. The rooms are very well appointed, with a desk, very comfortable beds, and of course a decked out bathroom with all Kohler fixtures. Don't miss it!

Room Tip: Lake side rooms have the prettiest view. Kohler also has the Water Spa, and if you're into Spas...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

The inn on Woodlake is a great place to stay. My friend and I came here to enjoy the spa for her birthday and it was great. The staff was nice and friendly. They have shuttle bus service wherever you want to go to at the resort. The only problem was they gave us the wrong rooms. However they did accommodate us by adjusting our bill. We booked the lakeside view rooms instead they gave us the tower room but I must say the tower rooms are big and really nice.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Eagle, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed for a quick one night getaway the staff is welcoming and efficient, upon arrival the lobby is small with two flat screens if you happened to have a dog with you they will have a special welcome message in the lobby for them. Being a dog fan nice touch.
The room is contemporary with sleek lines, comfortable bed, views of the lake or of a hillside, the shower goes without saying is fantastic.
A complimentary breakfast is served with a nice selection, the Chef makes a point of being visible.Suggestion go early to get a table, there is not enough seating for all guests we ended up going to the lobby to sit not a big deal but awkward. The area is well documented, you cannot go wrong being at the Inn if the Club is filled.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hopman_333
Philadelphia
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in July for 3 nights with my husband, It was his suprise bday present. We were suprised at location of hotel- the front of hotel is located in a parking lot servicing small shopping center. I had seen pics before booking but did not realize this- not a big deal but guess I was expecting more of a grand entrance. The hotel was nice and clean and no issues with rooms. Shuttles run around the clock from hotel to all locations in Kohler town which was convenient. I purchased a golf package for my husband and had told woman booking trip it was his bday. There was a bottle of champagne in room on arrival with happy bday wish. I thought that was very nice. They also gave us a room on first floor with putting green right outside our porch area- my husband LOVED it! If your a golfer would definitely suggest getting room with easy access to putting green. Also pretty views of Woodlake outside.
The reason for the average rating is basically the price. I realize this is a golf destination and also realize that The American club much pricier but for the price I paid did not feel hotel was grand enough. When we walked into The American Club there were staff to greet you and open doors as you entered and assist you. At Inn on Woodlake there were automatic doors which did not work. This seems trivial especially to someone like me who normally does not pay attention to details like this but when spending soo much money as a gift for my husband wanted him to have the royal treatment. I do think for the golfing my husband got to experience hotel was definitley worth it but if husband was not a golfer probably would have been a little dissappointed for price paid. I do think it is a great hotel for groups of golfers looking for great golf and an affordable deal. On the last day my husband had a round of golf and would not be done until 2pm and when I booked had asked for late check out. On arrival to hotel was told would try their best. On last day was told they could not accomodate our late checkout request. I did not make a big deal out of it but was annoyed considereing both days prior at 2pm our room was not cleaned yet - usually came around 3pm. Breakfast buffet was decent- no complaints. There is no bar at this hotel- we usually walked over three blocks to the American Club. Was not a big deal but once again for the price your paying you would expect a bar on location.
The golf per my husband was" incredible". I got to walk the last nine on Whistling Straits with him and I was blown away by beauty and layout of course. He had NO complaints with any of courses or golf package. He golfed Whisting Straits, Blackwolfe Run, and Irish Course and was very happy with my choices! We had dinner at The Immigrant Room, Black Wolfe Run, and Whistling Straits- all were wonderful. The latter two had great views of courses and outdoor seating. Dinners were pricey but very good.
The landscaping of the entire town of Kohler was perfect and immaculate. I do not golf but enjoyed many jogs through town and on trails offered throughout courses and Wildlife Lodge. I even got to do some clay shooting! There is a spa located a block from hotel that everyone raved about but can not comment since did not utilize.
We loved the town and my husband is still thanking me for amazing golf trip! I guess if you are someone who can afford The American Club is definitely the way to go but if not the Inn on Woodlake is a nice option for golfers to get to experience the town and courses without paying $1000.00/night.

Room Tip: ask for room on 1st floor by putting green!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank papale10
St. Louie
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a golf package. It is in a wonderful area with lots of good little shops & dining. It was a nice large king room with a comfortable bed & wonderful 5 head shower, perfect after golf! Golf was excellent. The breakfast was above regular hotel food Rudy the chef made sure we were satsified! We stayed 3 nights with 5 rounds of golf & inquired about a rate to stay an extra night. 279.00! Definitely not worth that price & would offer no discount. You have to stay on the property to play the courses. Tip: For ice cream or wonderful chocolates check out the Craverie within walking distance from room. Highland House downtown Sheboygan maybe 5 miles has wonderful outdoor seating overlooking water. Food is great with a southwest flair. Lots of variety!

• Stayed August 2013
Milwaukee
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed here just one night, but enjoyed every minute of my stay. The little touches are what make this place so special ... the incredible "car wash" shower, the TV speakers over the bed, the padded headboard, the pleasant view of wildflowers in bloom, the nice breakfast (included), etc. I didn't have time to take advantage of the Sports Core, but that is a great inclusion for someone staying here! This is the kind of place that I would treat friends or family to when they just need to be pampered and relax. It's great being adjacent to the Woodlake Shops, too!

Room Tip: There are no bad views, from what I could see!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Here There and Everywhere
chicago,IL
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our first trip up to Kohler. Great place for a long weekend. Lovely restaurants. Good biking and hiking. And trip is not complete with out visiting the Kohler Design Center. Such great ideas and products. Short trip into Sheboygan gets you to the Kohler Museum of Art - you have to check out the bathrooms!!!! Sports facility has indoor pool-outdoor spa- beach and lake. Great for family to relax and enjoy the afternoon. Hotel was great - showers were amazing. Nice shops and a great little grocery store for some wine and cheese.

Room Tip: We had a room with a rooftop deck. Try to get one facing the lake.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovetosnorkel2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kohler
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan
#4 of 11 in Sheboygan
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 11 in Sheboygan

Been to Inn on Woodlake? Share your experiences!