Downsides first - the hotel is in a shopping plaza and there isnt much for scenary other than a small lake behind the hotel. Other downside is the lack of a bar within the hotel and the American Club/Fitness Center and Spa is an 8 minute walk away which can be a bit miserable when it is 40 degrees in May
But, if you are a group of guys like we were who are golfing 36 holes a day, I thought this was a great value. We did the Dyeabolical package which essentially was 420 bucks a day pp for a double occupancy room and 2 rounds of golf a day. Rooms were clean, modern and the Kohler shower was great. Breakfast buffet was awesome - hot buffet with good options.
5 minutes to Blackwolf Run and 20 to Whistling Straits. The food at Horse and Plough was pretty bad - wouldnt do more than drinks and light appetizers there. Thought the best tasting food was at the Blackwolf Run clubhouse and the best bar was at Whistling Straits. Didn't try the fancier stuff at the American Club.
if I came with my wife I would have definitiely opted for the American Club. But for a guys golf trip, this was more than adequate and the better value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shore of picturesque Wood Lake, this serene 121-room hotel boasts boutique style guest rooms, ample meeting space as well as amenities and common areas for leisure and business travelers. During your stay, visit The Shops at Woodlake located next to the Inn, explore the Kohler Design Center or dine at Cucina Italian restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TravelClick, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Inn on Woodlake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Woodlake Hotel Kohler
- Hotel On Woodlake
- On Woodlake Hotel
- Inn On Woodlake Kohler, Wisconsin