“Enjoyable Experience”
Review of Inn on Woodlake

Inn on Woodlake
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kohler
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I decided to visit Kohler as a pre- Valentine's Day celebration. I initially booked at the American Club and had a full spa package (totaling about $1100). After thinking about it, I decided we should be able to take this trip without spending an arm and leg. I decided to cancel the spa and book our room at the Inn of Woodlake- I would like to say this is the best thing I could have done and it saved us a ton of money. We visited the American Club for lunch and I was not impressed because of the dated decor and stuffy atmosphere. The Inn of Woodlake was current but cozy. We drove into the next town over to get pedi/mani and it only cost us $70. If you are on the fence between the two place I would suggest staying at the Inn of Woodlake and making the best of it without the steep spa prices.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a nice shower- Inn of Woodlake is the place (note, there is no bathtub)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Leslie L

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Obviously, Kohler is a very high-end travel destination, to which you are likely 'needing' to go to, or otherwise know why you are going. "The Inn" will not disappoint in any facet of accommodations, food or peace-and-quiet. The servicemen and women were all stelar, with exception to the front desk staff, which I found to be quite sterile and disinterested.
There are a couple quaint, boutique type shops around the area that are very pricey. You'll not want to leave without a visit to The Craverie (Kohler's world renown chocolate shop), and if you get the chance to meander around The Village of Kohler itself, you may never want to leave. Additionally, Kohler does some type of activity for all holidays that are full nostalgia - try to experience one.
A beautiful piece of the U.S. by all accounts.

Room Tip: This is a very small hotel, I dare say you can't have a bad room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I recently spent a night at Inn on Woodlake for business and it was the perfect location. I had gotten in earlier then expected and was happy to enjoy some of the Kohler Resort. My room was spacious and had a great view of the private lake which was beautiful in Winter. One of my favortie thigns in the room as silly as it may sound was the TV speakers in the bathroom and the GREAT SHOWERS.
The staff was great at check-in and the breakfast offered was more than your typical continental. I can't wait to return to this hotel and hopefully explore more of the quaint town and amazing resort!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was trying to plan a romantic getaway for my Girlfriend and I but it just didn't turn out to be romantic. From the websites description i was picturing a romantic inn on the side of a lake. What it is in fact, is a really nice upscale "Holiday Inn" that is next to a pond but attached to a strip mall. Not exactly romantic. That said, it was a very clean and comfortable place to stay. If you are looking for more romance then go to the American Club.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DHChicago
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Wayyyy better than American Club if your younger and want a updated and fresh stay. Continental breakfast was great. Pool and spa is not on site so you have to take a shuttle which isn't the worst thing but kind of inconvenient. Our room was awesome but when we came home from the spa we got to our room to find the door slightly open after the cleaning staff was there. Nothing was missing but we had a lot of valuables in there. Not a good thing to see :/ front desk gave us a free dessert at whistling straights that night which was nice.

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank Samm_grids
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Great rooms new feel to the place in general. Rooms have flat screen and surround sound. Wonderful kohler showers! I would recomend this to anyone staying in kohler Wi. Only thing i could say that doesnt make this hotels service great is they dont bring your bags in for you.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had a wonderful little get-away to Kohler this love every second. We brought out dog and had a blast walking the trails with her and warming up in our room. Clean hotel, great location. Will go again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kohler
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan
#3 of 11 in Sheboygan
The American Club
The American Club
#1 of 2 in Kohler

Been to Inn on Woodlake? Share your experiences!