This review consists not only of the Inn on Woodlake, but also several venues of the Kohler resort.
Inn on Woodlake - excellent considering the price is half the price of the American Club - Laurie at the front desk was most helpful and most of staff we encountered were friendly. They accommodated my room request of a king bed, lake view on a high floor and even sent up a bottle of champagne when they found out I was celebrating my 50th birthday - nice! The complimentary breakfast was very nice - plenty to choose from and always came with some kind of a meat dish - ham, bacon or sausage and there are plenty of carbs, that's for sure. :-)
Blackwolf Run Restaurant (dinner) - our favorite restaurant in Kohler - Dawn, our server was excellent!!! The food, the view and of course the service were all great!
Cucina (lunch) - our 2nd favorite restaurant - excellent choices and VERY reasonable for lunch choices plus nice view of the small lake especially when you sit outside like we did.
Wisconsin Room (dinner) - 3rd favorite - food and ambiance were great, but the service was only ok. Nothing against a young server, but she could definitely have taken some lessons from Dawn!
Whistling Straits Restaurant (lunch) - least favorite because the food is only ok, service was lacking (our server forgot to serve us our bread basket, but I didn't realize this until we were done with lunch that we were supposed to get complimentary bread!), took awhile to get our drinks, BUT, the view is to die for so that made up for it!!!
Waters Spa - splurge and get an 80 minute massage! Bliss.
Woodlake Market - it's huge and has so much choices of everything! Who knew this existed in this tiny community? And, they have excellent wine selection! Too bad I took the last 2008 Gott Napa Cab. :-)
Irish Course @ the Whistling Straits - my husband said it's worth the price and really enjoyed the course except that he asked for a cart 3X before anyone brought one to him and only had 5 minutes to spare before his tee time because of this delay. :-(
Sports Core - great health club with an indoor pool plus a small beach right outside of that
Greenhouse - last but certainly not the least, you must come here and get some amazing desserts/coffees and read a book, check your computer, etc. - what a delight and prices so reasonable!
So much to do, so little time! :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the shore of picturesque Wood Lake, this serene 121-room hotel boasts boutique style guest rooms, ample meeting space as well as amenities and common areas for leisure and business travelers. During your stay, visit The Shops at Woodlake located next to the Inn, explore the Kohler Design Center or dine at Cucina Italian restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, TravelClick and Hotwire so you can book your Inn on Woodlake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Woodlake Hotel Kohler
- Hotel On Woodlake
- On Woodlake Hotel
- Inn On Woodlake Kohler, Wisconsin