“Top-notch Golf in Wisconsin”

Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Kohler
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful, well-tended course soon to be one of the best championship golf courses in the world.
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Top-notch Golf in Wisconsin”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Both the Straits and Irish course are must plays. Caddies are required on the Straits course and I would recommend taking one on the Irish as well. The courses and overall experience is first rate and if you happen to be staying overnight I can recommend either the American Club or Inn at Woodlake in Kohler. If you have time the River Course and Meadow Valley Course at Blackwolf Run are also great courses that are part of the Kohler complex.

1 Thank Al O

Charlotte
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Take Plenty of Golf Balls”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

As a mid handicap golfer, don't take this course too seriously. just enjoy the scenery and the course layout. Just celebrate if you break a hundred and keep any eye out for the sheep.

Leesburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“60th birthday my best ever!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wonderful wife surprised me with a two stay at The American Club to celebrate my 60th birthday! Two rounds of golf (Whistling Straits N Irish) My friend and I made our trek to Kohler, hearts thumping, blood pressure rising, thoughts of conquest ever present, anticipation at a fevers pitch! Upon arrival though I never saw one, but a red carpet seemingly appeared out of nowhere. We were treated like dignitaries from the time we checked in! First, the Straits! With a nervousness I hadn't felt since waiting for the favorable results of my biopsy , I stuck the tee into the ground, took a deep breath and hit a laser drive right into the middle of the fairway. With one birdie on number ten, my score card read 89 from the blue tees! This course is a monster but the surrounding atmosphere, Lake Michigan, the ever present bunkers, the slight breeze and the impeccable course conditions equaled "Golf Heaven” Day two the Irish course. Another incredible day in Heaven. Let me give a shout out to our caddies, Barry, day one and Jim, day 2. Each carried two bags and stayed 20 feet ahead of us on every hole! A remarkable golfing experience, one I will thank my wife to the day I die in hopes that Heaven remotely resembles Whistling Straits!!!! PS, if you only pay your caddy $35.00 bucks, then to Hell you must reside! LOL

4 Thank Vopro2
Punta Gorda, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Whistling Straits”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Went to Kohler, Wi. on a business trip and had the pleasure of playing the Irish course at Whistling Straits.
Absolutly first class in every aspect. The course is amazing, the caddy we had (Eric) was very professional, knew the course well, great personality and made a tough golf course a bit easier.
Everyone there treated me like I was a long time member.
If you have certain courses on your "bucket list" add this one to the top.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ScottB221
Paradise Valley, Arizona
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Golf for the purist”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is the most demanding course I have ever played (I played blue tees and it was windy the day I played), not for the high handicapper (unless you just want to walk it, hit some shots, and pick up from time to time). Bring your A game and you will be fine, otherwise, expect to shoot 10 to 20 over your handicap. The course is in wonderful shape (but the rough can be REALLY rough) and the caddies are great. It is a thing of beauty. Not cheap, but if you love the game, give it a shot!

Visited July 2013