“Terrific Experience X 2!”
Review of The Freckled Frogg

The Freckled Frogg
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in King
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've eaten there twice and loved the salads, unique flavored lemonades, and outstanding desserts. We live 40 minutes away but it will be on the agenda for future visits to the Waupaca area. The meals were incredible, the atmosphere charming and the friendly and efficient service much appreciated. We went after 1pm for lunch both times and the second time we were happy we'd made a reservation as the word has gotten out about this little gem. The new proud owners, Michael and Jamie, go out of their way to make sure you feel welcome and that your dining experience is fabulous. Enjoy!

4  Thank mommich

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had heard from the locals to try the Freckled Frogg and so glad I did. This little jewel of a restaurant doesn't seat a lot of people which made it nice actually--food prep didn't take a long time and what arrived at our table was so pretty, artfully arranged, fresh, and delicious. It's also nice that the portions aren't huge, they are just enough. My husband had the chicken, apple provolone, I had the tuna cheddar melt--both served on still warm home made bread--incredible. Each sandwich included a salad that was far from your average side salad--every ingredient was fresh and a feast to the eye.
They have a fresh squeezed flavored lemonade selection that changes as well as fresh brewed iced teas. The menu is not expansive but has enough variety to make it difficult to choose! We were told it changes so I think I'm their newest best customer--I will be back to try everything!
Save room for the incredible pies and desserts! The prices are reasonable for what you receive; and you'll leave feeling like you ate healthier.

1  Thank RatherFlyThere
Reviewed June 17, 2013

On our way to the Timber Coulee River region to fish, we first decided to do a search on the internet for a healthy place to eat, being constantly disappointed in the same ole, same ole unhealthy restaurants.

The Freckled Frogg touted it's self as a Green restaurant (no pun intended) with healthy organic, fresh local foods, drinks and desserts. Well they are 100% correct, and should tout themselves every chance they get from food to fun!

The menu is short and sweet with changing offerings. We each had the quiche of the day which comes with a salad. And, what salads they were - a delight to the eyes and mouth watering! Each salad was prepared (or should I say artistically created) with different colored fruits and greens/veggies with several different wonderful dressings which each were amazing! The lady who prepared our meal brought it to our table describing "her piece of art" and afterwards we wanted to take her home with us!

One of the new owners was there and he made us feel like we were at his home. And, that we had been friends for years. He was interesting, talented, upbeat, fun and was happy to be there... how many restaurants can you say that about almost anywhere!

Besides other menu choices of either vegetarian or not (had an interesting beet & beef salad), they created these exciting lemonade-type drinks. We chose a vanilla lemonade and a cucumber lemonade which I would love to make at home myself. They also serve wine & beer.

Dessert was just too good to not try... A key lime pie, a frog cake (flowerless chocolate) but we decided on their Bavarian Banana cake which came with vanilla ice cream. We were told it would taste like a bread pudding... it tasted like that and more!

Also, from 6:00 - 10:00 pm you can enjoy a gathering of people and drink wine, have a desserts and often a salad should you choose with music and candles outside.

If you are passing through King County in WI, or anywhere near this area, you need to go here!

Winston & Cheryl Ostrow

2  Thank cstrickln
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This little house is nestled on the strip in King. Waupaca is blessed with an abundance of dining places that batter and fry anything and serve it overflowing so no plate is visible. Freckled Frog is the exception. Food is healthy, imaginative and beautifully arranged. The new owners are young men who travel the world in the off season (they travel further than the Valley and Green Bay) and bring back interesting ideas for dishes and drinks. This was truely a gourmet dining experience. I had a strawberry mimosa, asparagus quiche with salad. It was displayed like a page from Gourmet magazine. Other diners had great sandwiches and very creative desserts. This is a must visit if you are in Waupaca and tired of breaded and fried mushrooms.

3  Thank WaupacaTraveller

Been to The Freckled Frogg? Share your experiences!